PDA

View Full Version : CVRC Volunteers

wvdaisy
11/19/2004, 05:30 PM
Hi folks! :wave:

It's just over three weeks to the next CVRC meeting so I want to touch base with who has volunteered to do what.

Here's what I have:

Chris/Odoprelude is going to be Auctioneer. Maybe he and Ron can trade off to save voices. :frog:

Curtis/Curtis1 is doing auction #'s, I think Ron wanted about 100 to be on the safe side.

Bruce/LowCel is going to get generic name tags for everyone. Big enough for everyone's first name and screen/RC name please Bruce. Again, 100 tags at least to be on the safe side.

Brian, my hubby is doing audio/video.

I am doing cookies, volunteer roundup and whatever else is needed the morning of the meeting, hubby and I will be there early I'm sure.

A couple extra bodies to help setup/decorate/sign people in or whatever before the meetingwould be nice. I don't know exactly what Ron has planned for the corals but it may be helpful to have someone directing the corals as they come in to make sure they are marked properly and get in the right place.

If anyone has volunteered and I don't have you listed, if you can be there early to help or have any other ideas please let me know.

Ron, anything/anyone to add?

THANKS,
Lana

VOLUNTEERS UNITE!

MattG
11/19/2004, 09:17 PM
im willing to help with whatever just assign me a job

wvdaisy
11/19/2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by MattG
im willing to help with whatever just assign me a job

Great, Matt, thanks! Can you come to the meeting a couple hours early? We'll put you to work :D

Lana

MattG
11/19/2004, 10:08 PM
sure thing

LowCel
11/19/2004, 10:37 PM
I think I was going to place corals in the tubs after they are auctioned. At least I think that is something I agreed to. :D

firefish2020
11/20/2004, 12:17 AM
Roger that Bruce, your with me that day so thats going to be your main job. Matt I havent decided your reward just yet LOL. But it will be gooood.

firefish2020
12/08/2004, 08:29 PM
Ok Bruce has the name tags and will be helping with corals, and Todd has printed up a few flyers for us. I need to know if everything is go from everyone who volunteered any services. If there are any problems I need to know within the next 48 hours.

Thanks,
Ron

wvdaisy
12/09/2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by firefish2020
Ok Bruce has the name tags and will be helping with corals, and Todd has printed up a few flyers for us. I need to know if everything is go from everyone who volunteered any services. If there are any problems I need to know within the next 48 hours.

Thanks,
Ron

Hey Ron, I was just getting ready to post tonight :)
I'll have the cookies done, Brian will have audio/visual and we're bringing a table to set the screen on.

Curt, do you have the auction numbers?

I think that's it.

Do you need anything else Ron?

Lana

LowCel
12/09/2004, 07:40 AM
Lana, so how does the screen work? Do we just bring pictures in?

wvdaisy
12/09/2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by LowCel
Lana, so how does the screen work? Do we just bring pictures in?

I think we'll be using our video camera to project the pics because what my husband wanted to use the company doesn't have in stock. So the coral can be put in front of the camera to show it on the screen. Yes, a pic of the coral can be used, for those who have them, if it works to auction them that way.

LowCel
12/09/2004, 09:43 AM
I just thought it may be nice to show the mother colonies. Pictures are also almost a necessity with zoanthids, otherwise you have no idea what they are.

odoprelude
12/09/2004, 11:22 AM
ahem... mi-mi-mi... okay, auction voice ready! Rewards? What's that about? Say, what time do you want me there? Woo-hoo.. can't wait!!!:D

firefish2020
12/09/2004, 12:41 PM
Chris you are going to do the 2nd half of the auction. I will start out and explain a few things and will go for about 1 hour then I will turn the show over to you. I have been asked by several people to do the entire thing but I'm not as long as you can help out.
Thanks again,
Ron

Shikaroka
12/09/2004, 12:56 PM
Ron + Chris, What a team!
Good luck fellas!

hmott
12/09/2004, 03:01 PM
This tread makes me want to cry :(

I can't make it.. Its go to the meeting or go to my sons wrestling meet, so its an easy decision until my wife gives that look, then its to the wrestling meet :)

Shikaroka
12/09/2004, 03:07 PM
Awww, sorry Harlan. (That's right isn't it?)

hmott
12/09/2004, 04:45 PM
yep exactly.. even spelled correctly. I will make the next one wrestling match or not :)

Shikaroka
12/09/2004, 04:47 PM
Cool. Have fun!

LowCel
12/10/2004, 08:28 AM
Does anyone remember the huge sarcophyton that I donated about three meetings ago? About 9 or 10 people went home with free frags?

I believe that all of the frags that came from that thing were about 1" x 2" or so.

If anyone that received that coral could get me a frag I would appreciate it. I would like to put it in my nano.

mcox33
12/11/2004, 01:39 AM
I can probably cut you one from mine it's becoming funny shaped anyway. I'll try tomorow and let you know if I can cut it. I don't like the way they feel when I cut them. It has to hurt, at least it does me.

mcox33
12/11/2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LowCel
Does anyone remember the huge sarcophyton that I donated about three meetings ago? About 9 or 10 people went home with free frags?

I believe that all of the frags that came from that thing were about 1" x 2" or so.

If anyone that received that coral could get me a frag I would appreciate it. I would like to put it in my nano.

I cut you one this morning

LowCel
12/11/2004, 06:46 PM
Great.......Thank you!!!!!! :-D