PDA

View Full Version : Impulse buy

superlazy
11/18/2004, 07:51 PM
I spent all day in Willowbrook Il at a conference.
on the way home I stopped at Jims for some brine shrip and came home with this.
http://home.wi.rr.com/superlazy/carpet.jpg

Red Reefet
11/18/2004, 09:39 PM
Cool. That sebae (my impulse buy) ended up dieing. I was crushed. I'll never buy one again. I did get a green bubble tip that has attached itself to the bottom of my brain coral and seems to be doing well.

derrikd
11/18/2004, 10:00 PM
nice carpet, what it set you back?

derrikd
11/18/2004, 10:01 PM
i have a red one and love it, i know why you got him....

superlazy
11/19/2004, 05:10 PM
Lynnea Sorry to hear bbout the sebae, Any idea what went wrong?

derrikd $50 I do belive that was quite the deal
What are you feeding yours? I had the wife pick up some shrimp and scallops today

z28cam
11/19/2004, 06:01 PM
Nice buy....

Now you just need to buy some snails to help with that algea I see lol

:D :D :D

I had a Green Carpet that lasted 3 weeks damn thing was awsome looking.

superlazy
11/19/2004, 06:16 PM
Now you just need to buy some snails to help with that algea I see lol

:) Ya I know, I have plenty of Astraea,Cerith, and Nassarius.
After the crash the hair and bubble algea went nuts. It's a lot better than it used to be. If I could just find a emerald carb and a few mexican turbo's locally I'd be set

What happened to the green carpet?

z28cam
11/19/2004, 06:48 PM
I dont think it made the transition to well. Its insides came out right away when i put it in my tank and it rolled around never attaching and finaly went to the big ocean in the sky :D

They sure do stink when dead, my oh my lol

superlazy
11/19/2004, 07:18 PM
Its insides came out right away

That sucks. I had a condy with my last setup that after a few yrs. took a walk (due to working too much and not paying attn. to the tank) and got sucked into a powerhead, your right the smell is really nasty.
I think this guy should be ok. It was really sticky when I put him in, I figured I'd rearrange the rock tonight to make more room but It already dug it's foot in, so I guess blue is happy:D

Red Reefet
11/19/2004, 09:19 PM
Yep, that smell is rancid! I think the sebae didn't adjust well either. They usually have mexican turbos at Best Pets in Antioch. That's where I bought mine. They are the hardest working creatures in the tank. I have 2 sand sifting starfish. You can have one if you want. I'm afraid they are going to starve having 2.

derrikd
11/19/2004, 10:17 PM
i feed mine siversides and krill mostly , but he gets food from when i feed the fish aslo... mine is super sticky

superlazy
11/20/2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks Lynnea
I'll give them a call tomorrow

superlazy
11/20/2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks I'll have to get some silversides tomorrow. Does anyone know it it's normal for this guy to get real huge after the lights are out?
kinda hard to explaine what I mean, I'll take a pic after the lights go out tonight

superlazy
11/20/2004, 06:32 PM
Forgot about your star offer. Thanks but I'm not shure If he'd make it yet, I'm pretty much podless after the crash and what ones did survive I'm pretty shure the watchman I put in ate em all up( Ya I was not thinking)
I could maybe take him in about 2 weeks after I'm shure the rock in the 75 is cured. Everything tests fine in it, but I havn't gone through any kind of cycle yet, So I'm pretty leary of adding anything at this point

Red Reefet
11/20/2004, 06:36 PM
No problem. Just let me know when you're ready.