PDA

View Full Version : leaving Las Vegas, leaving the fish behind.

blackjacks_mom
11/18/2004, 02:20 AM
Anyone interested in a few things from an old tank?

We are moving to the east coast and I don't think all my fish will survive the trip. Some are pretty old. I'd like to keep my clowns and some of my rocks but the rest of the livestock is up for grabs.

I have many rocks that I don't want to take because the spagetti worms are taking over, so they'd need to be recured. One of them might have a mantis shrimp but I don't know which rock. Never seen the guy only hear him.

My tank is full of those baby starfish that Harlequin shrimps eat. I don't have any Harelquin shrimp but if anyone does the starfish are very plentiful. (Someone could get them all and start a Harlequin shrimp food store.)

The fish I have are:

Pearly Jaw fish (he's only a few years old and pretty funny)
Green Mandarin (he will need a tank with copepods)
Purple Tang (he's scared of his own shadow)
Yellow Dottyback (he's trained to eat only from the left side of the tank, thinks he's a dog)
Coral Beauty (he's old and has flown from LA to Hawaii and then to Las Vegas, he's very well traveled, but probably not up for another cross country venture)
Two Clowns (one's a percula and ones a common clown, but they don't know it. They recently decided the hairy mushrooms are their anemone. The mushrooms aren't too happy with it and are moving off the rock.)

I'd like to keep a few of my soft corals and my pagoda cup but the rest I'm not taking. There is a rock with some ugly zoo's on them that I'm not sure why I have it. Another rock with a small leather and something else (can't think it's getting late). :( A few globs of yellow polyps and many different colored mushrooms.

I do have some rocks with some cup coral that I really would like to keep and am looking for someone who could hold them in a tank until I get my tank set up, it's probably going to be a few weeks after Thanksgiving by the time I get my life put back together. Geez, that's getting too close to xmas and I know it's probably going to be a lot of trouble, but I will pay the shipping and give free spaghetti worms and baby starfish and maybe a ratty mantis to anyone who has some space, time, and a crazy mind for fish.

My husband wants me to sell this stuff off for a small fortune, but if anyone wants it before Saturday (11/20) at noon the fish and stuff are free. You only have to travel across the nasty traffic to Henderson.

Thanks,
Pam

BRI7969
11/19/2004, 01:22 AM
I ll take the rock
THank Brian

ceemo
11/19/2004, 02:27 PM
I sent a PM to you.
Camille

LVfishguy
11/19/2004, 07:25 PM
Well Pam I thought that we would have a little better response than this here. I I think that I can watch over you stuff for you if it comes down to it. I am going to have to get my tank running again but I can get it going on Sunday. The only problem is that I really don't have any light to keep your Pagonda and your rics alive for 2 weeks. But, I will help you the best that I can!
let me know!
~Chris~

blackjacks_mom
11/19/2004, 11:45 PM
Chris,

Guess what? It's all gone. I gave some things to Camille (Ceemo) and Jeff & Bethany (desert_reefer) took the rest, including the water. Jeff got a few fish for his in-laws and just happen to have 2 empty tanks at home. I think waiting for my baby guys. I was very happy, to say the least, that someone needed it all. Should help the fish break in their new home with familiar surroundings. :)

Thanks for your suggestion, I was very gun-shy at posting my message to the world, (or this little part of it.)

Also, thanks very much for your offer, but I think you should put a tank together at home for yourself anyway.

Pam

LVfishguy
11/20/2004, 09:22 AM
The people on this board are really good people. I am glad that it worked out for you!
Some day when I have a little more time and I'm not already cleaning like 6 tanks a day for other people I will probably get mine going again. I do miss having my own fish!
Good luck and I hope that Florida treats you well!

ceemo
11/22/2004, 07:40 PM
Pam

I want to thank you again for the items that you so graciously gave to me. They are all doing great and have made me and my 6 year old so happy. He was mad that I got somthing new for my tank before he got a bigger tank, so I put him in charge of the new additions and he thinks that is great. He checks on them 5 or 6 times a day and gives me reports on how they are doing. He also makes sure the lights are on before he leaves for school and makes sure they are off when it is bed time, I guess I am raising the next generation of reefers.
Thank You again and best of luck to you in Florida I hope all is well with your home when you get there and my you never have to ride out a storm.

Camille