PDA

View Full Version : Prop Questions Enclosed

kirstenk
11/16/2004, 04:57 PM
Is there going to be an auction on the 4th?

Is mxtang still MIA with Prop Corals in his possession?

dgin
11/17/2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by kirstenk
Is there going to be an auction on the 4th?

Is mxtang still MIA with Prop Corals in his possession?

Question 1 - The Dec 4th PROP Meeting has been postponed until Jan 8, 2005 due to folks being busy with the holiday season and all.

Question 2 - Yes.

kirstenk
11/17/2004, 01:48 AM
Thanks Durwin. I was looking forward to an auction but Jan. will be here before ya know it. Bummer about the other one. Did Prop order some new frags in Oct? If so...what did ya'll get?

dgin
11/17/2004, 02:01 AM
We will be posting some pics and descriptions soon. There were 11 items ordered and had a couple of freebies thrown in (13 in all) but one of the freebies didn't make it when we treated for red bugs.

kirstenk
11/17/2004, 02:04 AM
Sounds good. Look forward to seeing the pics.

dmorel
11/17/2004, 09:42 AM
Here is a link to the pics Gordon and I took the day the frags came in and went into the QT tank.

http://bestfrags.com/newFrags/frags1.htm

We did not observe any red bugs or any other parasites, but we decided to QT everything (and do the interceptor treatment) none the less, just to be on the safe side.
As Durwin pointed out, we lost one "gift" frag which was a nice pink mille, but all the others are doing well.

At this point they are spread out in a bunch of different peoples tanks so the pics will come from various sources over the coming weeks. They are still getting adjusted to their new homes :)

Also from the first batch of corals we purchased we lost almost all of the salmon stag, it RTN'ed in two different tanks on the same day. I have a tiny sliver that I have been nursing for months hoping it will return to its full glory, but it will be a ways down the road. Everything else seems to be doing well, and we are thankful for that.

I'm hopeful that we will be able to frag the Blue Millepora, the tenius, and MAYBE the teal stag and/or green w/blue tip stag in the next few months. They were all small, but have grown well recently which is a really good sign. Also the green with purple rim cap continues to do well and grow out so I expect you should see a frag of that again at the January get together.

One thing we have been trying to do from day one is have at least two frags of each piece we are working on. I could be wrong, but I think that everything Tang has, I also have. So while his disappearance is mind boggling weird, at least it did not wipe out our mission (Should I say HIS mission?) completely. It just slowed us down a little. Personally, it also confuses me a lot, but that's a whole other thread :)

-dm

clkwrk
11/19/2004, 01:39 AM
Wow thats sounds great. ...............But I am glad I didn't give up a frag of the purple with green polyps acro I have. In turn I will toss it your way (David) when the time is right. I know you are going nowhere :)

dmorel
11/19/2004, 10:07 AM
I'm not going anywhere for at least three years anyway... After that, I might move to Vegas and live in a solar powered home in the desert. But that's just cause I like the idea of a solar home and would rather live near a minor league baseball team (vegas has the 51's) than a major league team (you know who phx has).

Course, I won't have enough electricity to run hallides so I'll have to do the solar tube lighting thing in my bizarre house built from used tires and dirt, but I think I can be ok with that. Streams will be a must too, for their low energy use...
I better start planning now!
-dm

finding nemo
11/19/2004, 12:30 PM
I am lost, whats this about MXTang?

dmorel
11/19/2004, 01:59 PM
Finding Nemo,
MXTang has broken off all contact with as best as we can tell everyone in the local reefing community (perhaps the entire reefing community).

None of us know why or have any other information what so ever, save for the fact that his father tells me he is not dead nor is there anything in particular "wrong" with him.

I wish I could give you more information, as it would mean we would have it too, but basically, he's vanished and that's about all we know.
I won't speculate as to whether he will return, or what the status of his tank and/or the PROP corals is.
Regards,
-dm

finding nemo
11/19/2004, 05:27 PM
Holy smokes, would never have dreamed. Did he have all of the corals for frag?
I am sure someone in the club knows where he lives, has anyone gone by his home to check on him?. Thanks for the information, I am to say the least shocked.

dmorel
11/19/2004, 05:31 PM
Frag has no corals that I know of. If you mean PROP corals, no he didn't have them all, as I mentioned in the post above I had duplicates of everything he has and still do. In fact, I am farily confident we will be able to auction frags of several of these very nice corals sometime in the early part of next year.

We are all equally shocked.
Regards,
-dm

clkwrk
11/19/2004, 11:52 PM
It is such a same . Since I always thought he was an integral part of prop/auctions and our local community. You know hooking up some nice group buys for all of us and providing his knowledge to help others.

dmorel
11/20/2004, 12:03 AM
It is a shame, at least I THINK it's a shame since we don't really have any idea what's going on it's impossible to speculate on what the story is, and I choose not to. However, I do agree that he was an asset to us all in many ways and his absence is a loss regardless of what anyones personal feelings are (were?) about him.

I will say that in the short time I've been here I've seen how volatile the local reefing community can be, and more than once I've thought about just getting the heck off the boards and dropping out of site. There are a lot of strange things that happen in such small groups of people like this.

Anyway, it's always been my policy when discussing things PROP related to be 100% on the level with all of you, since that's the reason we are here. As usual, I don't speak as the voice of PROP, simply one of it's members.

-dm

Azilla
11/20/2004, 01:31 AM
I actually received a couple of emails from Tang last month. It’s extremely disappointing that he still has some of the PROP corals. The feedback and updates from prop have clarified, that this situation is not a PROP thing, but an MX thing (very strange).

When is the next meeting? Will there be PROP frags available?

Thanks for the updates DM…

- g

dmorel
11/20/2004, 11:43 AM
I believe the next meeting will be in January.
I know at least the purple rim cap will be out again, I am hopeful we will have at least one other nice SPS there too.
Regards,
-dm

sealife
11/21/2004, 11:03 AM
if you like i will go to to his house and get the frags that is bull sh-t that mike has stuff from prop f mike tang