PDA

View Full Version : New store in longmont

Jerry Gonzales
11/20/2001, 10:52 PM
Hey John, I was reading the paper today and I seen an add about a new store there in your city. It said it had saltwater stuff. Have you been over at the new store. Also is it worth it to go and check it out. Jerry:)

bradwent
11/21/2001, 10:27 AM
Jerry,

Do you have the location of that store. I live about 10 minutes from Longmont and would also be interested where it is.

Thanks,

Jerry Gonzales
11/21/2001, 11:48 AM
Not for sure , I seen it in the Rocky Moutain/Denver post news paper. Maybe if someone has the paper they can look for it.
Jerry:)

JEMichael IV
11/22/2001, 09:32 AM
Well I havent heard of any. The only places I know of in Longmont that carry saltwater are Petland and Nautilus (Nautilus isnt even worth anything)

Jerry Gonzales
11/22/2001, 02:04 PM
Welllllllll!!!! it could of been Loveland:rolleyes:
Jerry:)

JEMichael IV
12/01/2001, 04:09 PM
Actually Jerry you were right! There is a new store in Longmont. I stopped by there for a couple minutes and the store does look like is has alot of potential. They had a wide variety of fish, nice colors and looked healthy (when I was there) :)

They dont have that much equiptment in yet, nor have they started with corals yet. I saw where they are going to be held but thats it. It is a 4 shelf with 2 tanks on each shelf with 2x96w PC over each shelf from what I can tell. I will get more info soon I am going by there today.

The store manager said that she would be interested in letting us have the next meeting there next time. I am going in today to talk to her about it. It is a nice and open shop. I forget the name but I think its called the Aquascape. I will post another message tonight, but if anyone is interested in going there today you can call my cell and I will drive by and get the name and address as its only 5 minute from me. They close at 8pm

John
303-931-7387

Jerry Gonzales
12/01/2001, 05:13 PM
I'm glad to see there is a new shop there after all,. I thought I was seeing things.:crazy1: How is your Aptasia problem going. If you need a surenge for your kalk. Let me know John and I will bring you one. Jerry

SeaMatt Nematocyt
12/01/2001, 06:42 PM
Ohhhh Jerry, Are you spear fishing for Aiptasia? I did that once and had a hard time with the little ones. When I stuck the needle in, it cut the aiptasia up and guess what... Millions of the little buggers.
Peppermint Shrimps I tell yah!
There is some concern that these guys will eat polyps and other stuff, but I haver zero issues in that area. They do however stay away from the big aiptasia, and those I kinda herd onto a smaller removable rock take that rock out and scrub it.
I went from a serious problem to just 2 smart aiptasias in about a months time.
Very easy to keep (the shrimp), and they breed so I contstantly have a nice supply of eggs and larvae to feed whatever.

I do have some very small hyperdermic needles you can have if you want to go spearfishing. I will bring them to the meeting. I don't need them anymore.

matt

Jerry Gonzales
12/02/2001, 02:03 AM
I don't have any of them, but John was battleling them. I had a few and used peps for them( worked great). On the other hand John had no luck with the peps. So he is trying other methods.
Jerry

JEMichael IV
12/02/2001, 11:32 AM
John is still in middle of WWIV.

I have a syringe that I am using but it is a #18 that came with the aptasia killer that I bought which didnt do nada! So I stuck with the kalk.

I hope to remove my hawkfish when I move my tank tomorrow and after I resetup get some peps.

I am unsure if I am going to be able to make it to the meeting today, I am going to try. I was going to start construction downstairs today and start moving my tank tomorrow.

I hope to see you guys there but, if if not then :(

I hope if everything goes smoothly the next 2-3 days to host the next meeting.

Talk to everyone soon.