PDA

View Full Version : 2 different clowns?

11/20/2001, 09:10 PM
My friends tank was taking a dive for the worse and he asked me to take his maroon clown for awhile, and I did with worries of the 2 going at it(mine is a false perc). I was going to set up a ten gal for his till he can take it back,but I put it in my tank and well they are not even fighting or chasing each other. Has anyone kept these 2 together before. I can catch them as he is not to smart(I can put food in the net and catch him.

THanks for the help
dave

Carlos
11/21/2001, 10:51 AM
Sounds like you will have no problems. Just keep a close eye and make sure the maroon does not start kicking your clowns butt.

Carlos

Steve C.S.
11/22/2001, 10:00 AM
I kept a false Perc. and a Tomato clown in the same tank for about 3 years. Both did really good and even shared a curlrque anemonae. They were both very small and tank raised, but they never fought. Its great your two get along so well also. One thing I did do was feed them in seperate areas, to keep the conflicts down.

Cliff
11/23/2001, 05:25 AM
I do have a Maroon and Ocellaris in the same tank. I made sure the Maroon was much smaller than the Ocellaris and each had its own host. I kept them for 3 months and no problem so far. The Maroon holes up in the BTA and the Ocellaris hangs in the Xenia. The Maroon grows much faster than the Ocellaris. So eventually I will move them (Maroon and host BTA) to my larger tank.