PDA

View Full Version : heard of aqua 123?

Alexis
11/20/2001, 12:48 AM
Have you guys heard of a store in burlingame called aqua 123 or aquarium seasons? I read somewhere that that is a good place to buy wholesale corals and fish.

thanks

dsb1829
11/20/2001, 02:18 PM
I have heard that the fish and corals come into marginal holding tanks and slowly die if not purchased in short order. Personally haven't been there. Basically if you don't get stuff on the day it arrives, while it is still in its shipping bag, you have greatly increased your chances of bringing a plague back home to your tank. Good prices on large specimens, yes. Good store, no.

Terra Ferma
11/20/2001, 07:51 PM
They are now Fish 99, in a different locale. Find out when they get shipments, and buy the fish you want before they touch their water, and the livestock will be fine.

Alexis
11/20/2001, 09:22 PM
thanks, i'll check it out

pooreefer
01/17/2002, 08:52 PM
Does anybody know when they get new shipments?

RustySnail
01/29/2002, 07:45 AM
Just thought I would mention that if you want to do the 'direct from diver' semi-wholesale purchase, you could also check out 6'th Ave Aquarium in SF. They usually have a large selection, and get shipments in weekly (sunday sales). Never had much trouble with corals from them, as long as you are careful in selecting healthy looking specimens. (but yes, you are still taking on some added risk)

Russ