PDA

View Full Version : Link to video of my spearer

racer340
11/19/2001, 10:14 PM
Actually caught it on tape finally.Only 3 seconds but pretty cool nonetheless.
Sorry link didnt work see next reply

racer340
11/20/2001, 06:18 PM
Think I have it fixed now.
http://www.geocities.com/moparracer340/index.html
Click on mantis page.Sorry bout the mess,had a great website but my host shut down and took with it all my edited and tweaked pages,so Im starting over.

orkspace
11/20/2001, 08:16 PM
Very cool! :)

Oh, and get your charger pictures working again for us to see! :D

Death Shrimp99
11/20/2001, 10:27 PM
The picture wont work for me. Do you think i could get a picture of my mantis by getting a webcam and buying a really long cord for it so i can reach my tank?

racer340
11/20/2001, 11:02 PM
I had trouble with it too.Sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt.I found if I opened a new browser window and pasted the link in it worked.Well I guess Yahoo/geocities wont be hosting my site.I use a digital camcorder,but I guess anything would work as long as you got it close enough,or just use a disposable and have the pics put on a floppy or photo CD.

Death Shrimp99
11/21/2001, 07:21 PM
It works now. Your website is gona be good when its finished. Cool video! Try to get a video of it fighting, never seen a real good video of a spearer killing a fish.

racer340
11/21/2001, 07:36 PM
You couldnt see it but it grabbed a silverside along with the caulerpa.Just made a new vid where you can actually see the fish,well for a half second anyway.Im going to put it up in place of the one there now,so check it out.
Thanks for the compliment.I had a nice site at the globe.Too bad I edited all the html online and never saved it to my hard drive.Ahhh the lessons we learn.

Death Shrimp99
11/21/2001, 09:31 PM
I was wondering if it struck something. It looked like it just attacked the caulerpa. I'll look closer this time.

Death Shrimp99
11/21/2001, 09:45 PM
I was wondering if you can have a cleanup crew in your (spearer) mantis tank since they usually only feed on soft bodied prey. Like snails, hermits, mabe a crab? Its hard to think of a spearer killing a snail.

racer340
11/27/2001, 08:14 PM
Well I tried some things.So far,aside from a hermit and a snail,nothing got away alive.Ive found its very fond of grass shrimp,killies and spearing.It even took a 1 inch rock crab I tossed in as a test.I cant believe the appetite of this animal,Im happy the food is free :)