PDA

View Full Version : question for dr. roy

ISFRAEL
11/19/2001, 07:07 PM
i would like to go and do some diving and capture some mantis as they are very hard to get here, i was wondering if you know of any place i could catch them near adelaide in south australia and what species are in south australian waters?
thanks

ISFRAEL
11/22/2001, 02:38 AM
/\

ISFRAEL
11/24/2001, 07:40 PM
/\ just keeping up the top!

Death Shrimp99
11/25/2001, 11:11 AM
I would assume the north coast because its warmer. Ask some dealers around you or mabe search the internet for info.

ISFRAEL
11/26/2001, 05:38 PM
im sure there are alot up north because of the great barrier reef but i have recently read a book of south australian crustaceans and i said about 5 species have been found in SA waters.
it claims they are often washed up in storms at glenelg beach which is 20 mins away and i would like to go hunting there, but i wanted to know if dr. roy has ever been to SA to hunt mantis and if he has, has he found a place i might be able to go and a way to catch then?

ive asked alot of diver freinds and they have never seen one in SA waters so i was wondewring if the book is telling fibs or the divers dont go to places that these mantis would be?

Gonodactylus
11/27/2001, 12:45 AM
Sorry, but I stay in warm water when at all possible. I have not been diving in Australia south of Sydney. There are a half dozen spearers that live in sandy substrates. I can't think of any smashers.

Roy