PDA

View Full Version : Anemone Id Please

deb
11/19/2001, 05:46 PM
Is this a blue carpet?

Dan
11/19/2001, 09:27 PM
It looks like a carpet (S. haddoni) from the photo. Cannot tell if its blue, however :). One thing, it is awfully close to the LTA. I have noticed that any anemones I place near S. haddoni have shriveled tentacles. Dr. Shimek says there are chemicals given off by anemones that have negative effects on other anemones. I have kept several anemones in the same system and only noticed the effects of this chemical attack when the anemones were in close proximity. Something you might want to investigate further (search Dr. Ron's archives). Again, good luck.

Dan

deb
11/19/2001, 09:34 PM
Thanks Dan.

The LTA has attached itself to a small rock. Should I move it to the other side of the tank away from the carpet? The LTA has appears to be doing fine, so far.

Aquaman
11/20/2001, 09:03 PM
I would not move either anemone if they are happy where they are! to keep the Haddoni carpet from touching the other just place a few more rocks and build up the area between the two.

As far as a chemical war between the two. If you notice something like that taking place then move the LTA.