PDA

View Full Version : Group Buys

Mike_McBrien
11/11/2004, 12:28 PM
Although we are a small group at the moment I would like to know if anyone would be interested in some group buys, liverock , snails, etc. Since there isno decent supplier in the area this can be a very effective way to get good prices on livestock and equipment.

Dubbin1
11/11/2004, 01:15 PM
Mike, how many snails are you looking to get? You can get 10 for $15 at Ocean Treasures in Toledo. I want to add more LR to my FO tank and get rid of that crappy looking coral thats in there, but I need to do it a little at a time to keep it from going into a cycle. Have you decided yet on where you're going to get LR from?

jenghes
11/11/2004, 01:42 PM
I'd like to get a bunch of astreas and Blue leg hermits. I may order online to take advantage of the quantity discount and have it delivered home. If you are interested in joining me, we can split shipping...

Jen

Mike_McBrien
11/11/2004, 04:05 PM
10 for 15 isnt to bad, I dont thing I will be getting Astreas though. I really am interested in some Nassarius and cerith. Jen, if you havent had either of these types before I would really look into them, they do great jobs.

Also Jen where online did you think of purchasing these from?

Dwayne, I may take you up on this, dont tneed em quite yet, but soon.

Dubbin1
11/11/2004, 05:31 PM
I dont thing I will be getting Astreas though.

Thats what he has for $15 for 10. I really like the astreas because the crabs leave them alone. Let me know before you get any and I may get 10 more.

jenghes
11/11/2004, 08:15 PM
I would be willing to try them. I did not like the mexican turbo's - - too big. I want smaller snails. The only ones that I have had were astrea's so I was sticking with 'em. I have ordered from live aquaria and TBS, Richard is a friend of mine.

What are the others like, size wise?

Jen

what fish
11/16/2004, 10:51 AM
Hi, If you are still looking into this let me know . I would like to get more snails and crabs. Feb I will be looking at a large buy of lvr and sand and cleaners to get my 225 and 55 up and started. but for now I would like to get my nano set up a lil better.

Lesa

Scaletek
11/16/2004, 01:16 PM
I would be interested in LR buys.
Need about 40lbs to get were I would like. although would be a couple weeks before I could do this.
Just dropped about $500 on equipt, rock, livestock.
need a couple of weeks to replentish the funds:)

Freed
11/16/2004, 01:28 PM
Mike, did you decide on any of my frags? Haven't heard from you and just saw this thread so throwing a shout out to ya! Thanks, Freed

Dubbin1
11/18/2004, 12:07 PM
Hey Mike, any news on those snails yet? I was thinking about getting 25 of those bad boys.

Mike_McBrien
11/18/2004, 12:32 PM
Nope Still waitinf and Messeging that dude. Ill give you a shout if he ever shouts back to me.

zaireguy
11/26/2004, 02:47 PM
Hi
I would go in with any.

thanks
Ron

pferboy
12/11/2004, 09:44 PM
i know it is a little late but tropicorium right now has astrea snails 7.99 per doz. as many as you want

Mike_McBrien
12/11/2004, 10:52 PM
Not to late at all, i have been putting off finishing my stand and hood for my 30 gallon so I havent orded a single thing yet. I need to get off my laziness and get it setup so I can some stuff in it.

Do you have any idea how long that sale will be going on? I know that I can always use more snails for my tanks (as would Dubbin i would think)

Dubbin1
12/12/2004, 01:10 AM
Right now I have like hundreds of baby snails all over the place. SO far it seems like they are going to live since its been about a month now since I noticed them. I will wait until Mike is ready for some before I decided if I need any.

Mike_McBrien
12/12/2004, 01:30 AM
thats odd, because I have alot of little snails too, I would say 100 plus, they only seem to be nocturnal though, dont ever see em during the day, some are starting to get almost big enough to actually do some help to the tank.

Dubbin1
12/12/2004, 11:59 AM
Does this mean we are grandpas :)

jenghes
12/13/2004, 08:49 AM
I have hundreds of what I think are cerith babies. Though I have no idea where they came from. I have only put astreas in my tank. They are small, but have a hard time keeping up. Would love more astreas.

I am leaving for Indianapolis Friday, So I will not be able to make it to Trop Saturday :(

Jen