PDA

View Full Version : Revenge == Sweet

orkspace
11/19/2001, 12:57 PM
After several months of trying, I finally managed to capture a large hairy crab that had been a menace in my reef tank. This crab had foiled many attempts at capture over the months, and had been responsible for the deaths of:

3 peppermint shimp;
1 T. maxima clam;
Several Trochus snails;
and almost all of my hermits.

Anyway, last night I finally managed to corner the crab in a small piece of live rock. A quick dip in freshwater produced the silver dollar sized crab.

And now the crab's reign of terror is over. Let's just say that my G. platysoma enjoyed a better breakfast than usual.

. . .

As a side note, I'm not usually bloodthirsty. That dang crab, however, has brought out the worst in me. Plus, now my shrimp gets a bit of live food that's a natural part of its diet.

Fcamdog
11/19/2001, 01:19 PM
Sounds like your mantis had a good meal. I know what you mean about taking out some frustration on a killer in your tank. The first mantis I had killed my pom pom crab and when I caught him I shelled him and let the crabs/fish in my tank eat him!

Mantis the Menace
11/23/2001, 06:03 PM
MY mom has a few hairy crabs and they have not done anything to her livestock. your mantis had a good meal I bet.

Muttling
12/14/2001, 01:45 PM
Seems like someone on the boards used to have a similar solution which he called "Death by lethal trigger."