PDA

View Full Version : November meeting change and roll call

jfloydr
11/10/2004, 08:17 PM
The November 21st meeting will not be held at my house. Ade has agreed to have it at his house . I just don't have anything to really look at right now so I will have one at my house next year some time. Adrian just let us know what time and some directions and we'll be set. Also, please post here if you are coming so we know who to expect. We can also meet some people in Roanoke and follow us there. Thanks,
Jeff

ade
11/10/2004, 10:11 PM
If you don't mind I'll give you guy's my mailing address then you can get your own dirrections of map quest. Not realy knowing were everyone is coming from it's hard to give out one set of directions.
My address is 19 Deep Creek Court Moneta Va 24121. My cell# is 540-7985023, you can call me at that # most anytime or leave a message.
Like Jeff said, it would be nice to know numbers. If anyone wants to bring anything to sell or trade you are wellcome.
How about 2pm on the 21st.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Ade:rollface:

DarkDweller
11/11/2004, 12:03 AM
Ill be there

manderx
11/11/2004, 10:38 AM
i expect to be there. anything in particular anyone wants? i have plenty of caps, pipe organ, zoos, digitata, and maybe some acro. i'm a far enough drive (from blacksburg) that i don't want to bring stuff unless i know someone wants it.

jfloydr
11/11/2004, 05:12 PM
How much for the acros?

WILDTHING
11/12/2004, 04:06 AM
Bring on the zoos!!!!!.....please lol

How hard is pipe organ to keep?

colleen

WILDTHING
11/12/2004, 04:09 AM
OH, I'll be there, I can't wait to see Ade's tanks

DarkDweller
11/12/2004, 12:00 PM
manderx what color zoos.

For the People who want to donate something to Galileo(School in Danville) Please bring your donations to the meeting I will be
leaving for Danville on Tuesday.
Here's a link to the school http://web.dps.k12.va.us/galileo/

jfloydr
11/12/2004, 05:35 PM
What are caps and digitata. Are they SPS? Sorry I'm just getting into SPS

sjdyer
11/13/2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by manderx
i expect to be there. anything in particular anyone wants? i have plenty of caps, pipe organ, zoos, digitata, and maybe some acro. i'm a far enough drive (from blacksburg) that i don't want to bring stuff unless i know someone wants it.

I will be there.

I am interested in the caps, digitata, acro and zoos.

Mandrex do you have any pics.

Also what are the prices on the frags.

ade
11/13/2004, 12:51 PM
Manderx I think it would be safe to say that people would love to have your frags so bring all that you can. Anything that is left over I will buy. I like to collect mushrooms so if you have any to trade or sell please bring those as well.
Don't hold your breath on seeing my tanks, they are nothing to rite home about. Like I have said in the past they are a working project. Please don't expect too much.
Ade

WILDTHING
11/13/2004, 12:58 PM
Don't worry Ade, I personally feel that all tanks are a working project, afterall things grow and need to be trimmed or moved, there is always a "NEW-BETTER" piece of equipment to drool over and plan on getting, if it could ever be finnished where would the fun be? lol

colleen

ade
11/13/2004, 01:06 PM
There are plenty of thing that I would love to have in my tank, I am in a bit of a low at the moment. I just lost my lavender tang to what I don't know. So I have just replaced it with a naso and placed in a vallmingi for good measure so thing are getting pushed around. Collen how are your tanks coming?
Ade

WILDTHING
11/13/2004, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry about the loss of your tang, I'm not sure I know what a lavender looks like but a naso is a very cool tang. What is a vallmingi?

I'm a bit bummed too, I finally got the phlem bed in and I put the rocks in my 55g and it just looks fugly. I've tried moving stuff aroung a million different ways and I get the same results...fugly. The problem is that the 55 is so flipping narrow and with this phlem bed its now short too, I think I'll have to take a hammer to the rocks to make them smaller. All I have is these giant pieces that I bought for the 200g and its just not working. On a happier note the 20g is doing really well! Its chocked full of frags. In a month or 2 I hope to have some beautiful mushrooms to share with you, I got 2 georgous reds and Charlie gave me some lovely purples and met.greens. As soon as they settle I'll be chopping heads to propagate. Oh, I bought a Yuma very cool/weird thing!lol

Hey, would you happen to know if a GSM will accept a Sebae? A friend from around here has one that she doesn't want anymore (she thinks it ate her scarlet shrimp) So she is giving it to me, have no idea where to put it but she was going to kill it if I didn't take it so now I am the proud owner of a shrimp eating sebae. I just hope my peppermint has more sense that the scarlet that *used* to go into it to steal food. Can we say Scampi?

ade
11/13/2004, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry but I am not sure what a gsm is.
I had my first crash on my phyto, I think that it got too cold.
I have just broke down my 25 and replaced it with the 30 that I was going to use as a fuge, I don't like seeing a tank with nothing in it. Plus the fish that were in the 25 love it now I think. More room to swim.

manderx
11/15/2004, 11:32 AM
yeah, a gold-stripe maroon will take to a sebae. that's what i have in my 30 cube (check my gallery). it did take about a week though before they took to it, even though they had been used to a field of bubble-tips that i had in there previously.

and don't break any of the rock. i have plenty of smaller rocks that i'll trade you pound for pound (though they might be covered with pesky mushrooms and zoos). it just seems like sacrilege to me to bust up a piece of real live rock.

-m

WILDTHING
11/15/2004, 04:28 PM
Well, I think the sebae is dieing. It came to me looking all mangled, I thought it was spitting out its insides but then I noticed it only had 1/2 is tentacles and what I thought were its intestines were probably its mangled tentacles. I had hoped it might survive because it attached within an hr and I fed it some BBS which I thought were sticking to it. But this morning its on the sand not really moving and now its foot looks damaged. The really sad thing is that my clown loved it and went to it immediately, I checked on it about an hr after putting it in, it was attached and the clown was snuggling up to it. I can't imagine what happened to it.

Ade, sorry to hear about your phyto, mine is doing ok but moving slooooowly, I may move things to 1 lg bottle and drop a heater in. If it crashes I'll just start a new batch from the fridge stuff. Do you need a new starter culture? I can bring some to the next meet.

Matt, what can I say, I'd be nuts not to take you up on your offer especially since I really didn't want to break it up, I know its silly but it feels kinda like killing it. But I don't want you to come off with the short end of the stick, I can bring them down and you can look them over to be sure that they will work for you, if they don't PLEASE tell me and I'll do something else. You can take some all or none.

colleen

manderx
11/15/2004, 04:54 PM
let's pick this up over here so we don't clog the meeting announcement thread up with too much off-topic stuff
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3768600#post3768600

jfloydr
11/15/2004, 05:40 PM
hey matt, how much for the SPS frags?

manderx
11/15/2004, 06:08 PM
PM'd

ade
11/15/2004, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone I hope that you are all doing great.
I am trying to get some more people to come to the meeting on Sunday and there is some chance of thing for sale, Dry Goods. I am waiting to hear from them.

I am going to my grandfathers birthday party about 5.30 on that same Sunday so if you want to come earlier then you are welcome. But what I am getting to is that I am going to have to ask everyone to leave arond 5pm SORRY.
Hey Matt I'll trade you # for # of live rock if you have any live rock with those pesky mushrooms and zoes on them. Like I said bring as much as you want. Whatever doesn't get traded or sold I'll buy the rest.
I can set up a 25 and a 10 that I have doing nothing right now if we need tank space. All depends how much stuff people bring.
Ade

RUFISHY2
11/16/2004, 02:03 PM
I'll be there.

manderx
11/18/2004, 12:08 PM
well, some family stuff came up and i can't make it. for anyone who was hoping to score some frags- i'll get some pics up of everything i (as well as the other bburg guys) have for sale/trade and we can go from there.

WILDTHING
11/18/2004, 03:34 PM
Bummer Matt, we'll miss you.

hope everything is ok on the homefront

colleen

jfloydr
11/18/2004, 06:48 PM
have a good holiday matt

DarkDweller
11/19/2004, 10:47 AM
Have we decided on a time to meet and place?

jfloydr
11/19/2004, 05:07 PM
If anyone wants to meet me in roanoke we can meet at 1pm at tanglewood mall and we'll drive up there.

ade
11/19/2004, 07:03 PM
Hay guys if you want to come before the posted time you are more than wellcome. 12-1pm I don't mind just let me know. Also bring anything that you want to trade /sell.
Drive safely Ade.

reefdadx2
11/19/2004, 10:55 PM
I've been telling everyone that I was going to miss the meeting but my plans changed and I am back in town.

I highly recommend that everyone reading this forum go to Adrian's house because it is worth it. He is a great guy and he has great tanks.

He does things to his tanks I have not seen other people do.
Come see for yourself.

Ade, I will be there at 1:59pm.

-Michael

jfloydr
11/20/2004, 06:26 AM
Glad you can come now Michael

ade
11/20/2004, 09:52 PM
Thank you for the coments Mike. You have now made me more nervous than I was before. Please don't think that our tanks are going to blow your mind. Like I have said in the past they are a work in progress and I do my best just like everyone of you guys.
I can't wait to see all of you and there will be snacks and drinks for all that come.
I have a bunch of stuff for sale. Rock, fish,corals and inverts.
Don't forget to bring your good as well.
Ade

jfloydr
11/21/2004, 11:51 PM
AWESOME tanks ade, Thanks for having us over.
jeff

DarkDweller
11/21/2004, 11:51 PM
DAMMMMMMMMM NICE TANKS

ade
11/22/2004, 08:18 PM
Thank you everyone for making the trip. I am glad that so many of you could make it. You guys are welcome whenever you want to come by. Jeff give me a call when you are ready for some rock.
Once again thank you.
Ade.

RUFISHY2
11/23/2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks for letting us invade your home. Most impressive tanks!

awsomeangels
11/24/2004, 08:09 AM
Thanks for hosting Adrian. Congrats. on your reefs.