PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Meetings

prop-frags
11/10/2004, 06:26 PM
OK, I had volunteered to host an upcoming meeting, my offer still stands. Looks like December is going to be Tom - very cool and I know everyone is looking forward to checking out the sweet setups over there! Should we start organizing a calendar of events? What do you folks think? I would also like to propose a designated discussion topic for our meetings so we can really take advantage of all the know-how that is showing up at our meetings! I'll throw out some suggestions:

* Coral Propagation: techniques and tools
* Water quality: best practices for the reef keeper
* Tank and sump construction: buy versus build
* Lighting 101: latest advances in lighting technology
* Fish Doctor: husbandry for treating illness
* Kegerator construction: the "other" use for CO2

These are just a few ideas that came to mind. It doesn't have to be anything fancy - the topic could simply serve to focus our discussions. We could each bring something related to the topic to share/sell/trade/discuss.

AQUAN8TOR
11/10/2004, 08:29 PM
Great idea!! I'd love to host an upcoming meet, too. Maybe Feb, if Tom has Dec and you want Jan.
Organization is a developing process...maybe we could arrange some potential group buys like John rufio173 was talking about with Dr.Mac.

Potential other themes---
calcium&alk delivery--reactor, 2-part, kalk drip, nilsen, etc.
tech talk-water movement
monitors and controllers
skimmers

just some thoughts.

Charlie Davidson
11/10/2004, 09:01 PM
DR. Mac. Allright! got some good frags last winter $12 bucks ea for 10! Water movement- skimmers and Hey poping frag (-: has some good ideas too!! (sure has some great looking stuff in pics)

mr294
11/10/2004, 11:58 PM
OK Mike you're up for January and Nate you've got Feb. Any takers for March?

cmoresps
11/12/2004, 02:20 AM
Hey, I vote we organize a road trip to dr mac's, that would be the best way to go, I could use some market intelligence;0, I can fit 5 in my caddy

SunDragon
11/12/2004, 09:11 AM
Ill take March!

will_w
11/12/2004, 09:28 AM
Can someone post Dr. Mac's Website Address? Thanks

bobherbertperry
11/12/2004, 10:15 AM
I would like to try and hold another meeting again in April or May so that we can look at my results, if thas ok with everyone else. I know we have alot of tanks to check out.

bobherbertperry
11/12/2004, 10:17 AM
www.drmaccorals.com

aquarius0015
11/12/2004, 11:21 AM
their retail outlet is about 10 minutes from my home!

i have something AWESOME to look forward to over thanksgiving break.
i'm ridiculously happy now.