PDA

View Full Version : Another ignorant question - feeding

Narkon
11/10/2004, 02:21 PM
How do you actual do the feeding for your LPS, with your hands or some insturment of some kind (if please elaborate) or what?

2nd question - does garlic hurt corals, or burn (for lack of better word) them?

Nathan

redFishblue
11/10/2004, 02:50 PM
I guess some people us a turkey-baster to target feed.
I take out my blastos and put them in a bowl and just swirl the food around for a few minutes. That way all the heads get fed.

Quiet1
11/10/2004, 03:13 PM
I turkey baister brine shrimp and zooplankton krill. While silversides and larger krill, I manually place with my digits.

Ok........ Garlic. Does it grow in the ocean? NO!! Why would our corals want to eat it? I know...I know...."It has vitamins and stuff". Well. I leave it out of all my foods. I haven't gotten a memo from anything in my tank requesting garlic on the menu yet.

Quiet1

Narkon
11/10/2004, 03:17 PM
Quiet1 - the reason I ask about it is I do it for the fish, and have made a batch of food with garlic in it. It suppose to help fish keep from getting ick and other illness.

Nathan

Quiet1
11/10/2004, 03:27 PM
Well, along time ago, the world was supposed to be flat.

Anyway. I have seen no evidence that garlic has any magical properties, including warding away vampires.

What I do know. A balanced diet of multiple food types, an aquarium with high quality water, and plenty of proper hiding places/habit is the sure and tried method to healthy disease free fish.

Oh, no disrespect intended witht the above comments. I am just in a humorious mood.

Quiet

Narkon
11/10/2004, 03:34 PM
No disrespect taken. Thank the power that I have meet someone else witht the same humor.

I do know that garlic does have a magical power to ward of most women, except for Italians. ;)

Oh, the garlic is for them right now as I am still adding fish, once well established I feel I keep a respectable tank parameters to not worry about parasites getting in as much.