PDA

View Full Version : Lfs

1package
11/10/2004, 10:14 AM
I saw where someone asked about local stores when traveling through. I mainly purchase from Barry and sometimes Inland Reef and Berts. If in the area I will check Petland at Southridge, Pet Persuation in So. Char., Robin's Nest in Milton, specialty shop in Ashland (do not remember the name) - although mainly just for supplies.

I travel to MI a lot and there is a store in Toledo that I do not miss - Coral Reef another in Ann Arbor - Fish Dr, actually Yipsalanti.

Are there any stores in the tri-state area worth visiting? Are there any stores when traveling you make a point to hit or sometimes roadtrip to???

I know where ever I am I look around.

coralreefer
11/10/2004, 11:01 AM
Berts and Seaquariums, probably the specialty store you mentioned, are the only two stores that carry saltwater down this way.

LowCel
11/10/2004, 11:42 AM
I've been trying to get a price from Seaquariums for a month now. They seemed interested in pricing me an aquarium until I told them I only wanted the tank, nothing else. They haven't returned an e-mail since.

MattG
11/10/2004, 11:46 AM
if jomars cant get you an acrylic tank im pretty sure jim over at berts can. when i asked him about it close to a year ago he said he could although they dont typically order them.

coralreefer
11/10/2004, 11:55 AM
I know Jim can get you an acrylic tank. He's been dealing in them a lot more lately and has a custom manufacturer he's been working with. He's also a whole lot easier to deal with than that "other place" :rolleyes:
Guys I think we just hijacked another thread... :D

H.crispa
11/24/2004, 09:58 PM
I would not make a special trip to seaquariums. They do a lot of specialty tank set ups and large tanks etc but there isnt much there to see and the stock tanks have a lot of hair algae and the corals are not that healthy. Sorry. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. Same is true of Inland Reef. Nice building and lots of dry goods but the tanks are full of hair algae and don't appear that healthy.