PDA

View Full Version : How do I join?

will_w
11/08/2004, 10:24 PM
I was amazed to see how many people in the Richmond area seem to be into Marine Aquariums. I thought that I was one of the few that caught the fever.

I am interested in meeting up with the club. Is there some membership or something or is it just casual get together?

I am not sure if I will be available for this meeting but would love to come to one soon. I am just starting off and I figure I could learn alot from you more experienced reefers.

hisc1ay
11/08/2004, 11:02 PM
I think you just did join. :) There's a frag swap this thursday at a member's house. Check out this thread (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=454871) for details. If you come, you won't be the only new one there.

-j

Charlie Davidson
11/08/2004, 11:21 PM
Ain't it great, we are not alone! ----Ditto above , but membership dues are - sixpack and pizza - at next meeting!! BTW, do not worry about bringing anything. just good times!

aquarius0015
11/09/2004, 12:49 AM
Just make a check for $20 out to me to cover membership dues and you're all set :D

will_w
11/09/2004, 07:09 AM
Thanks, it sounds (or reads) like this will be a fun group.

AQUAN8TOR
11/09/2004, 10:20 AM
Hey; I think I'm due a membership dues check too!!

In all seriousness, this is a wonderful forum for free info. Don't worry about bringing anything to the meeting at all. Bring yourself, and maybe even a pen and paper to jot down names and #'s of people in the area, as well as an open mind.

The club is a great way to see that many people do very different things, and all have a good measureable amount of success.

There is no wrong way to do anything, but we can all learn from the success, and more importantly, the mistakes of others. There's some profound saying that I can't remember exactly.... "we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past if we do not remember them in the future", or something like that.

mr294
11/09/2004, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the group! I've added your name to the PM list, and if you would like to PM me your email address, I will add you to the email list as well.

will_w
11/11/2004, 05:14 PM
THanks, looking forward to meeting everyone and maybe getting some new stuff :)