PDA

View Full Version : Okay, need some help here..

odoprelude
11/07/2004, 06:50 PM
How long can my SPS last with only one bulb running? I have to order a 250w for the one that fell in my tank and it's going to take a few days to get here.. I'm out of town on tomorrow and won't be back until friday... I had some 250 watt replacements, but they are pulse start bulbs and my ballast is probe start and won't fire them... how long will I have before my sps start to die? Can they make it until Friday? My tank is next to a window and during the day the side of the tank that is missing the light gets sunshine... but will that be enough? I guess I'll have to move my sps to the side with lights... help?

LowCel
11/07/2004, 06:57 PM
Well when one of the capacitors in my old light went out I was without a light on that side of the tank for over a week. I did have my T5 actinics on that side, but no mh. Some of the corals did start browning out some but they all survived.

Long story short........I got lucky. :D

odoprelude
11/07/2004, 07:03 PM
i have 55w worth of actinic pc's and like I said the sunlight its that side of the tank...

coralreefer
11/07/2004, 07:17 PM
Chris
They should be fine. Just think of it as a bad storm in the ocean. They might not be happy but they should be ok.

Anything I can do to help let me know

pappygonefishin2002
11/07/2004, 07:52 PM
Is there not any bulb at lowes that will work for a temporary till you get your new bulb looks like any light would be better than no light. And I still dont know who odoprelude is!

odoprelude
11/07/2004, 08:33 PM
It's Chris, the guy that brought the frogspawn last time and won the wave maker...

pappygonefishin2002
11/07/2004, 08:54 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa All this time I couldnt figure who u were. So have u tried the wavemaker yet?

odoprelude
11/07/2004, 09:01 PM
yup! It is awesome! Got some chaotic action going on now!!!