PDA

View Full Version : Any LFS in Daytona Beach/Jacksonville/Edgewater area?

Flipturn88
11/06/2004, 03:35 PM
Annually I travel to Edgewater Florida for thanksgiving, and I was wondering if there are any worthwhile LFS to visit while in the area.

Thanks,
Kayla

reelfreak
11/06/2004, 06:29 PM
We have a couple here in jax that are decent....Ocean Reef in atlantic beach has some nice things at times.....Aqua Zoo has some good pieces at times....one of the better closed down for a while, but is now slowly in the process of reopening.....there will be a new one coming sometime this month hopefully, Robsreef.com, had some awesome pieces on the internet and rumor has it he will have a store here soon!!! really depends on what you're hunting for....typical to a lfs, they can get expensive....btw...how is the labouts wrasse??? i remember the pics in your thread, he was cool...might put one in my new 125.....

Flipturn88
11/06/2004, 06:36 PM
reelfreak, thanks for the list!

Unfortunately I cannot give you a good report on my Labouti Wrasse; the one day that I spend the night somewhere other than my room I come home the next morning to a fish outside of the tank :(. I had never seen him jump before, and he managed to push part of my hood off in order to escape! I love that fish and would buy another in a heartbeat (if money permitted), but my only advice to you is to make sure you have every last inch of your tank covered to prevent an escape!

Thanks again,
Kayla

reelfreak
11/06/2004, 06:49 PM
sorry about the loss......i know you were quite proud of him!!!! I am going to build a canopy over the 125 but with mh i will need to vent it, with fans i suppose....anyway if you are looking for anything in particular i can look around a bit ( like I need an excuse to go to the LFS...lol...;)

Flipturn88
11/06/2004, 07:03 PM
LOL! Well if you see any special fairy wrasses...my tank is sealed really well now ;)

Actually I am in need of liverock for my 20 gallon tank, but I want to get it either pre-cured or from an established tank, because I do not want to wait weeks for it to cycle. There have been no hits locally from Atlanta sellers, but right now I'm just being patient.

ldrhawke
11/07/2004, 09:18 AM
two that I frequent in the Daytona area are:

Coral Reef Aquariums
231 A. Riverside Dr, Riverwalk Center, Holly Hill, FL
(it is on the back side of a small shopping center)
(the store has new owners and they are just bringing reef stock back up)

Poseidon Aquarium
1508 S. Nova Rd., Daytona Beach
(sometimes they have some decent coral. you need to catch them soon after a new restock order comes in)

See you at the next NFMAS meeting

ldrhawke

Flipturn88
11/07/2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the addresses. I will look forward to visiting them!