PDA

View Full Version : neomac

loui
11/06/2004, 02:54 AM
Ok who's going to neomac? I am going, are we car pooling? Only 1 month until the big day was hoping to get an idea as to what is going on with some advance notice.

I'm really looking forward to this years event always wanted to here Steve Tyree.

wee-reefer
11/06/2004, 03:27 AM
Here is the website with info, http://www.c-sea.org/
I think I would like to go again. :)

Steven Pro
11/06/2004, 03:34 AM
I will be there, http://www.c-sea.org/events/neomac.html ;)
if you guys want to carpool.

loui
11/06/2004, 11:21 PM
Steve would it be ok to hitch a ride with you? Maybe we can meet in Cranberry again?

Steven Pro
11/07/2004, 03:51 AM
That is fine with me, but be prepared to leave awfully early.

loui
11/07/2004, 02:09 PM
Sounds good, the website does not give a time, do you have a guess as to when you want to leave.

Bill King
11/07/2004, 05:18 PM
Hey guys, I'd be interested in this also, It's too long a drive by myself, but I'd like to hook up with you in the Burgh.
Let me know,
Bill

Steven Pro
11/07/2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by loui
Sounds good, the website does not give a time, do you have a guess as to when you want to leave.

It should run from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. This thread has a lot more information in it,
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=465167
I would like to be there a little early. I would probably want to leave Cranberry no later than 6:30 AM so we would get there around 8:30 AM.

Steven Pro
11/07/2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Bill King
Hey guys, I'd be interested in this also, It's too long a drive by myself, but I'd like to hook up with you in the Burgh.
Let me know,
Bill

I can fit three more people in my Explorer, so if you want to meet in Cranberry too, you are welcome.

Steven Pro
11/08/2004, 06:58 PM
My truck is now full; Scott, Bill, Chris Farabaugh, and myself. If anyone else wants to go, I am sure others will be driving also.

loui
11/08/2004, 09:41 PM
cool ! where do you want to meet? Maybe at the crispy cream again?

Steven Pro
11/09/2004, 05:15 AM
That sounds fine to me.

Bowman
11/16/2004, 10:08 PM
18 Days and counting. Always good to see folks from PMAS. I want to encourge everyone to preregister for the conference. It makes planning for the culinary class much easier. It is shaping up to be a great conference with new speakers and new vendors from last year with some favorites returning. Look forward to seeing everyone on Dec 4. Regards John

Caryliss
11/20/2004, 05:03 PM
Just 2 weeks left til NEOMAC 2004. Preregistration deadline is Sunday Nov 28. Please see www.c-sea.org (http://www.c-sea.org) for registration information and PayPal link.

Speakers and topics are:

Steve Tyree--"The Biological Light Requirements of
Photosynthetic Corals;" Steve Tyree is well known for his efforts in the captive propagation of stony corals and sponges

Joe Yaiullo--"A 25,000 gallon Reef Aquarium;" Joe is a cofounder and General Curator of Atlantis Marine World in New York

Michael Janes--"Gone Marine Fishin' "--a discussion of the collection and transport of marine ornamental fishes with suggestions for their proper acclimation and handling

Steven Pro--"The Most Common Afflictions of Marine Fishes"--a discussion the big diseases (Ich, Velvet, Brook, etc.) as well as that could harm our aquatic pets like ammonia toxicity, post traumatic shipping disorder, HLLE, cyanide, cycling, etc. . .

You can find more detailed bios on the speakers on the updated C-SEA website.

Vendors include:

Club Reef
Coral Dynamics
Evolution Aquatics
MDM Aquatics
Phishy Business

Raffle Donations include:

Algone
Aqua Medic
Aquarium Lighting & Supply
Caribsea
Coralife
DT's Phytoplankton
Evolution Aquatics
Kent
MDM Aquatics
Ocean's Blend
O.S.I.
Premium Aquatics
Seachem
Tetra
Two Little Fishies
URI
and many more . . .

johndawg
11/23/2004, 09:43 AM
Time is running out to pre-register.
Go to www.c-sea.org today.

John

Bowman
11/30/2004, 07:59 PM
Ho Ho Ho C-SEA Holiday Santa here. The C-SEA Board of Directors has decided in the spirt of the Holiday season to extend the NEOMAC preregistration price of $45 till Thursday Dec 2, 12 noon. If you haven't as yet taken advantage of the discounted rate and are planning on attending NEOMAC Please take the time to preregister. I need to get a realistic number of reservations for the luncheon and by preregistering you will be guaranteed seating at the luncheon. If you wait to register at the door you risk the luncheon being sold out as there will be a very limited number of extra luncheon tickets available. We want to provide all conference attendees the best conference possible so please take this opportunity and preregister. Go to the C-SEA.ORG web site and click on the NEOMAC link and then the PayPal button. The weather reports look good for Saturday so come to the conference for fellowship with other like minded hobbiests and vendors. A good time will be had by all. Doors open at 8 AM Conference starts at 9 AM. Look forward seeing everyone on Saturday.

C-SEA Holiday Santa

AKA