PDA

View Full Version : sebae purple tip anemone ADVICE PLEASE

daghostryder
11/16/2001, 12:42 PM
My purple tip was doing okay I though. He was starting to darken from a pasty white to a light cream, but for th epast three days he wont eat any silverslides and he moved from his previous location in the tank. The tank is a 75 all params are perfect lighting is 4x96 and 2x40. HELP Is there another food you guys use that this type of anemone LOVES to eat and just cant resist. Any advice would be great

OrionN
11/17/2001, 12:45 AM
Mine eat frozen squid and shrimp. I just get seafood and try one ofter another to see which he like to eat. Mine also would not eat unless the food are thawn out befor feeding.

mobert
11/21/2001, 12:26 AM
Mine loves thawed frozen Contessa brand scallops or table shrimp. I chop it up to make it easier to swallow. It was a slow process to get mine to eat and turn camel brown/green under actinics. Feed it every day till it gets strong.
http://stripmallbeauties.com/mobert/images/coral12.JPG

mobert
11/21/2001, 12:28 AM
Also, I had to put rocks all around him to keep him from blowing around the tank like a tumbleweed for weeks! He used to be pure white with purple tips.

daghostryder
11/21/2001, 10:53 AM
my appologies for the long delay...work has been a killer. Thank you for the food advice. Yes mine is stark white, although the outter portion in certain areas is starting to brown. I do notice he eats or is searching for food and pulling his tenticles in and out looking for food but never really sure that he's eating. I got some shrimp yesterday and fed him a tiny piece and he seemed to eat it so I know he will eat shrimp now. Thanks for the ock idea also, mine too will roll around the tank if not secured with a rope :) Instead I cut som PVC tubing stuck it in the sand and placed him in, he seems happy, but I will get some of my dead rock and add it around him to make him more comfy. I also notice you have your fairly low from th elight and in th efront, that is close to the same location mine went ....weird. Thanks guys!!!!!