PDA

View Full Version : Need To Seed My Live Sand

reefengineer
11/16/2001, 09:18 AM
I AM LOOKING FOR A CUP FULL OR SO OF YOUR GUYS LIVE SAND IF YOU CAN SPARE IT. I JUST CHANGED TO A 4 INCH SAND BED OF SD SAND AND A 5 INCH SAND BED IN MY SUMP/REFUGIUM AND I NEED SOME LIFE IN IT.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL DONATIONS OF A CUP FULL OR SO OF YOUR SAND THAT IS TEAMING WITH LIFE I CAN TURN THE FAVOR IN A FEW WEEKS WITH SOME CAULERPA WHEN I GET READY TO CUT IT BACK.
THANKS FOR THE HELP
SCOTT

reefengineer
11/18/2001, 04:28 PM
NO ONE HAS A CUP FULL OF LIVE SAND TO TRADE????????????
WHAT IS IT YOU GUYS NEED?

chipmunk
11/18/2001, 04:36 PM
Maybe you shouldn't SHOUT when you ask. :)

reefengineer
11/18/2001, 05:08 PM
Sorry I didn't really no i was shouting but if the caps lock on means I was shouting i apalagize.
Just looking for a helpful friend.
Scott

reefengineer
11/21/2001, 06:06 PM
HAHA After i read my reply i realized that i wrote "I didn't really no" well my hands have always been a little fast than my thought. Well anyways I did not really KNOW. HAHA

chipmunk
11/23/2001, 04:19 AM
I'm sorry to see that there still hasn't been any volunteers. Perhaps noone here lives in West Virginia. I'll be happy to send you some for free, but the overnight delivery cost for you will be inhibitive.

If I were you, I'd throw in a piece of uncured liverock, that'll give you a good start. Then after cycling, I'd buy some starter kits from IPSF & Inland Aquatics, get lotsa worms and critters. These kits will give you a jump start. Just remember to feed your sandbed or your critters will starve in a new tank.

-chipmunk

reefengineer
11/23/2001, 08:20 AM
Thanks chipmunk i would gladly pay for the overnight shipping. My tank is a year and a half old i just moved and changed to a DSB. This will help seed it. Send me an email at antec26@hotmail.com and we can figure out how we want to do this.
Thanks again
Scott

chipmunk
11/23/2001, 09:10 AM
reefengineer,

Please send me an email December 5th or later, I'm travelling in Asia right now and won't return to America until next month.

In the meantime, check with your local aquarium clubs for live sand. The more different sources of sand you can secure, the more diverse your sandbed will be, which is what will make a good DSB.

-chipmunk

reefengineer
11/25/2001, 01:37 PM
i now have some Caulerpra to trade for some live sand if anyone is interested. I could use the sand critter.

aLittletank
11/25/2001, 03:11 PM
If you want to pay for the ovenight shipping I will help you out. However I recommend you get a kit from http://www.ipsf.com/#anchor385852

If the issue is not money (and if you are willing to pay overnight shiping for a cup of sand then money isnt an issue) then these guys are very good.

I have a little tank (see the name :) ) but I can spare a cup.

email me if you still want it
Allen

reefengineer
11/25/2001, 08:18 PM
sent you mail

aLittletank
11/26/2001, 08:02 PM
I didn't get any mail from you. nahbrown@yahoo.com

try it again. :)

Allen

reefengineer
11/26/2001, 08:10 PM
see if you got it this time

reefengineer
11/26/2001, 08:19 PM
i just wanted to say thanks to everyone that is helping out and to everyone that still wants to help out.
If I can help anyone in anyway in the future i will try
Thanks Scott

aLittletank
11/27/2001, 10:44 AM
got your mail and I sent you my Address. I am looking for an old thermos to ship it in. I recomend that you either have it shipped to your work or have it held at the FEDEX location so it isnt too cold in the truck driving around all day.

either way let me know where you want it delivered when you send the money for shipping.

glad to help
Allen