PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Reactor Christening Help/Meeting?

SHOmuchFUN
11/01/2004, 10:11 AM
Anybody want to come over and help me try to do the initial "dial-in" of the calcium reactor?

I should be getting the CO2 tank and regulator today, PH controller (shipped today via Priority mail), and the media (ordered on Sunday night, from reef splendor in NY!). So I'm assuming (I know, bad idea) that everything should be here by midweek/end of the week to set up this weekend.

I'll keep everyone updated on the progress of my shipments, but didn't know if anyone wanted to help me out. If there was enough interest, maybe we could make a meeting out of it?

Brad A.
11/02/2004, 05:34 PM
I'd love to help out but.......

Post questions and I or others can help you "dial" in the reactor.

SHOmuchFUN
11/03/2004, 08:13 AM
I don't know how big of a help a sanitary engineer is going to be.

Brad A.
11/03/2004, 12:14 PM
dont judge me by the smell of my gargabe.

SHOmuchFUN
11/03/2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Brad A.
dont judge me by the smell of my gargabe.

:lol: Enough said...

I think I'm going to try and get it setup partially tonight if I can find some gas (har har) locally. I'll just set up a bubble every 5+ seconds and run a very slow drip rate. How do you adjust the effluent out of your reactor?

Brad A.
11/03/2004, 08:08 PM
I have a bubble rate of 1 per sec and a drip rate of about 2 per sec. You have to do serial alk tests to figure out if you got it right.

I would start with a bubble every 1.5-3 and a drip rate of 1 per sec. adjust only one param at a time.