PDA

View Full Version : looking to start up another chapter for NW ATL area

yousuredo
10/30/2004, 10:13 PM
well i am trying to see how many of you would be intrested in starting another chapter (FRAG) of the ASMAS for the North West GA. area...
everything would be the same as the ASMAS just we will get together in our area and still attend the other meeting if desired....
if intrested in this post it here or pm me or post it at our site www.atlanta-smas.org/

thanks, CHRIS L.

wasabi
10/31/2004, 07:45 PM
meetings cose to home, all part of the same club ,is a great goal to shoot for. then semiannual meetings and frag swaps with all the frag groups attending.hope we can get this idea rolling.

yousuredo
11/01/2004, 08:12 AM
yeah me too i have a few people intrested in it around here and would be willing ot scout for a place to hold our first few meeting's i will even offer up my apartment for a frag swap if anybody is intrested......

hope to hear from more of you soon
thanks, chris

dfitzz
11/01/2004, 11:44 AM
I think it's a great idea.

I'd love to have a meeting at my house, but can't handle 50+ people at one time.

Smaller, localized groups as part of a larger club could work out.

I'm in Marietta so MW atlanta would be a good subgroup for me

Mafiaman
11/01/2004, 06:10 PM
You two guys should canvus current members and some new ones and get the N.W.Atlanta-smas going!!

If we keep meetings smaller, closer and warmer then more people will pertake, the more that are involved the more information at our finger tips.

jimbeau
11/01/2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by dfitzz
I think it's a great idea.

I'd love to have a meeting at my house, but can't handle 50+ people at one time.

Smaller, localized groups as part of a larger club could work out.

I'm in Marietta so MW atlanta would be a good subgroup for me

Dfitzz, you would be looking at much less than 50 to start, at least that is what we have been averaging. We had 24 at this last meeting at my place. As a frag group I would bet it would be half that initially...
Jim

yousuredo
11/01/2004, 10:17 PM
dfitz, welcome aboard .....
love to have you on board and thanks for the offer on hosting might take ya up on that soon..........

i would like to set something up, for a fist gathering-meeting to let everybody meet and talk, real low key inviroment .....any ideas on this and the club in general please post, as we are the deciding factors in this........thanks chris.......

Saint Taris
11/03/2004, 07:54 PM
I'm interested also.

SITNLOWDOWN
11/13/2004, 09:20 PM
im with you yousure do

jody63
11/22/2004, 12:31 AM
i would love to join!As far as friends and family, I am the only one I know with a salt water tank.would be great to sit down and talk with other people who share the same intrest.Living in villa rica,I find it hard to drive 50 miles 1 way just to be a member of other clubs.

milhouse74
11/22/2004, 02:11 AM
Hey all, I am moving down this coming weekend. I will be living in Powder Springs initially. I would be very interested in joining as I do n ot know too much about the scene down there.

What are we thinking of as far as fees, is there any way I can help, are yu looking for officers, or anything of that nature?

Also if I can swing it I am thinking of maybe a part time (second) job at an LFS when I first get down there, should help things out for me a tad (I am a single custodial dad of 3), and with rebuilding a tank after a move, who couldnt use a discount, right?

Anyway, highly interested, I was a member of NJRC up here in New Jersey, and would love to find a club there.

tngarner
12/09/2004, 10:32 AM
I would be very interested in a chapter in the NW area. I am in West Cobb and it is hard to get to meetings on the other side of the city.

I would truly like to find other folks in the hobby near me. I think this would be a great way to get to know those that have Reefs nearby.

If we need a place to meet I think that I can get a meeting room at the Library that is up the street from me. I use to use it when I was President of my HOA and I believe it was free as long as it was a non profit Organization, if we paid it was cheap.

Any way, I am willing to help put this together. Just let me know what we all think we need to get this going.

Thanks,
Neil

Mafiaman
12/09/2004, 11:34 AM
We haven't heard from Chris (yousuredo) in a while, Hope all is well.
All you need is enough people that are intrested, then I'll start a section for you in our forum. Go hear to see: http://atlanta-smas.org/phpBB2/

We like to call them "frag groups" (kinda cool don't you think)

SITNLOWDOWN
12/09/2004, 06:06 PM
no kidding havnt talked to him for a while