PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Aquarium Reopening

patharm
10/29/2004, 12:32 PM
Atlantis Aquarium Reopening

That’s correct, I spoke with Ray today at his new location. He is planning to open for business after November 15th. He will be opening on the weekends Thursday through Sunday so expect him to be open on Saturday the 20th. As I said I visited his new store and he had a carpenter there working on the store fixtures and furnishings. The Store location is just up from the Northeast corner of Beach and St. Johns Bluff. He is located in a business office/warehouse building called St. Johns Office Park, 3161 St. Johns Bluff Road. You will find the store in the middle portion of the storage building section. St. Johns Office Park is the first building after the Wachovia Bank building just North of Beach on St. Johns Bluff and to your right. He plans on offering a full compliment of products but will have a smaller store. For those who are interested he will be offering R/O water. Any one wanting to contact Ray on the store opening or for product requests may reach him on his cell phone 759-6375.

grochmal
11/26/2004, 11:17 AM
Any word on whether the stored has opened yet or not?

Grayout
11/28/2004, 10:33 PM
I talked to Ray today on the phone and asked when he will be reopening his store. He indicated the store will be open in approximately two weeks. As stated previously he will have similar products to his store on Atlantic Blvd. Thats the latest.

chiapet
12/26/2004, 10:52 PM
Soooo....Is Atlantis going to really re-open...or has this just been a tease?

Grayout
12/26/2004, 10:57 PM
I periodically drive by there to check on the progress. The sign is up but no one seems to be around. I'm assuming it's still a go.

tonypal85
12/30/2004, 04:35 PM
Do you have a number for his store? I kinda feel weird calling someone I dont know on their cell phone, ya know??

teach
12/30/2004, 04:51 PM
They told me yesterday that they hope to be open on the 7th.

patharm
01/01/2005, 01:47 AM
I have stopped by every two weeks for two months now and Ray has consistently said he is opening in two weeks. I'll believe it when I see it. The next time I post a comment on this will only be after he opens. I am tired of being embarrassed by commenting on Atlantis reopening only to find that it has not opened.

Pat

chiapet
01/06/2005, 08:57 PM
Hey....I heard that Atlantis was re-opening....Just Kidding. Sorry, I could not resist!

Pat,
Please take no offense to this post...You were trying to do a nice thing by letting everyone know. It's too bad that the store evidentally could not get their act together. Maybe this is why they closed in the first place. hmmmm : )

patharm
01/07/2005, 06:56 PM
Hi Chiapet,

I was at Atlantis today and he is officially opening tomorrow the 8th. When I was there he was stocking his tanks with snails and other things. He said he is getting a fish order in later today and will have a good stock for his opening tomorrow. It is now worth going to see for yourself. By the way are you going to be at the meeting next week I will bring some of those Zoas you wanted.

Pat

P.S. I don’t take offense I know that you are only kidding.

chiapet
01/08/2005, 12:04 AM
Pat,
I am glad it was taken in good humor. : )

tonypal85
01/08/2005, 12:26 PM
does he have a business number???

Grayout
01/12/2005, 05:26 PM
Ok, here's the scoop on Atlantis. He is definately up and running. I went by today and he has an interesting little store with a pretty good selection of all types of corals.

He is receiving a shipment of assorted corals either today or tomorrow. If you are into shrooms he has the best around. Very interesting ricordia from the keys and a few tonga varieties. I believe he will be receiving sps as well.

He also has a variety of supplies and foods just for reefers. He also will be selling aquariums and stands. I have him giving me a price quote for an 90 gallon acrylic and stand. Overall, it's a work in progress but has a lot of potential.

We need a good salt water store in the beaches area and I would like to see him succeed. Give him a try. Oh yea, I own my own business and am no way affiliated with his. I always try to support upstart businesses. Just my .02

Grayout
01/14/2005, 12:07 PM
You can reach Atlantis Aquariums at their new business line: (904) 221-0770. The directions at the top of this page are good but if you are confused by them I'm sure Ray can help you out.

grochmal
02/13/2005, 02:41 PM
Just got back from Atlantis, and I was quite impressed.
I left with a Mandarin and a Clam.
He has a real nice selection of coral too.
I will definately be back.

reelfreak
02/13/2005, 03:23 PM
I too went to atlantis recently, and was very impressed with his coral tanks....had a great selection of nice healthy corals.....I left w/ a nice piece of green monti cap.....price was good, and Ray is an enjoyable person to talk to......Very happy to have another option close to the beach again........Sounds like he's been getting some great LR too......said he had some tonga and kaelini rock the week before.........Personally I hate to pay $8 a pound for the gulf rock, It's not worth that much to me....It's ok for a mix in the tank, but I don't want a full tank of the stuff.......NOW tonga, I would fill a tank with that!!! JMO

Wanted to let yall know that it's worth the trip, It's small and kinda hidden, but he's doing a nice job w/ it!!!