PDA

View Full Version : reworking my 55

n2phish
11/13/2001, 11:43 PM
I've been reading this board daily for about a month. Geez,tons of great info.

About 7 years ago I had a reef but took it down after 1 1/2 of struggling with it. Half because of little know how and half because I was too busy too maintain it.

If I had the information that is available on this and other boards,I think my reef would of looked better.

Anyway,after I broke down the reef,I kept the four fish. A yellow tang,flame hawk,clarkii clown and a false perc. clown. I just lost the last of them, the false perc. last week. Yeah,I"m bummed!Man,that fish was hardy!

I haven't been following the changes in filtering /sumps/refuguims/dsb etc. until the last month.

I bought some acrylic to make a sump/fuge. I made bioball tower out of acrylic for the last reef.(7years ago) So I've got some practice with acrylic.
I would like to set up a 55 fish only with dsb,some live rock,a sump with skimmer in sump.And problably a refuguim also. Lighting wouldn't be too strong.Would this setup be ok for fish only? If not how would you change it?

I've got tons and tons of questions. But I'll save the rest for later.
Thanks,Ken

alf3482
11/14/2001, 12:15 PM
Souds like you are putting together what sounds like a good simple setup. I have a full reef 55 gal 2 years old I use a sump/refugium, sand and rock, and no skimmer. but the skimmer is a good idea. I run two other tanks with the same setup with skimmer. Good luck and ask a way there are some very good reef tanks here and knowlagable people.