PDA

View Full Version : CVRC Meeting Suggestions

wvdaisy
10/25/2004, 11:47 PM
Hi all, if anyone has suggestions for improvements to the December CVRC meeting please post them here.

I do know there will be some sort of audio/visual setup at the next meeting which will allow everyone to better see the coral being auctioned...and may even allow Ron to come down off his bucket ;)

My suggestion is name tags with everyone's first name and RC screen name(if applicable). Each person could fill out their name tag as they arrive. I know I didn't get to meet most of you and can't match faces with the names on here, yes, I'm a newbie :D
I'm really looking forward to the next meeting!

Lana

pappygonefishin2002
10/26/2004, 04:50 AM
I think it was 1package that suggested we all just get a number on entry with name tag and everything auctioned would go to that # like at a regular auction. Would simplify everything.
I myself, think Ron took (too many breaks)

LowCel
10/26/2004, 07:00 AM
My suggestions are just that everyone label their frags with both the name of the frag and the name of the frag owner, both first name and last initial. That would save a lot of time. I heard Ron looking for frag owners on several occasions.

My other suggestion is that people bring in pictures of the frags or the mother colonies. This would be particularly helpful on zoanthids. Unfortunately there really is no way of knowing what the zoanthids look like without pictures.

mcox33
10/26/2004, 07:05 AM
Pictures of mother colonies great idea, but requirement, not everyone has the digital camera's and printers needed to get the pictures.

LowCel
10/26/2004, 08:43 AM
Sorry, didn't mean for it to be a requirement, just a suggestion.

hmott
10/26/2004, 08:43 AM
I like the idea of auctioning with a number like a "normal" auction. It would save time I'm sure, as well as make it easy on whoever has to keep track of it. If that number is on the frags it would make it easier to know who's it is.

I also like the nametag idea. I do know something I didn't like when I heard it. A time limit on the auction. The reason I didn't like it was I have a 2.5 hr. drive, not the 2 I thought it was :) and now I'm not sure if my frags will even be in the auction? If time runs out will I be bringing them all home again. That would be very discouraging, and then I wouldn't have my frag sales to use for my frag purchases. I would much rather see something else implemented to speed things up. Maybe a 5 frag limit for each person, maybe "this month frag auction will be x,y,z next month will be a,b,c". Then I would at least know ahead of time when I'm sure to get my stuff in. I don't know, anything that will let me know that I'll either have my stuff in or not is fine. I just don't want to be uncertain.

coralreefer
10/26/2004, 10:07 AM
Lana the name tags are a good idea
Bruce tried in the past to get a list of screennames but it didn't work real well :rolleyes:

One of my suggestions is grouping frags in the different tanks (or however we are going to start displaying them) by type...for trades and the auction.

eg: one tank for xenia one for zoas one for sps, mushrooms etc.

For me at least it would make it easier to trade for the types of corals I'm looking for, or find ones I might like to buy, instead of searching through 100+ pieces :rolleyes1:

If you did this during the auction it would make it easier on the people looking for specific things.

It would also eliminate the potential problem of the first person to have their frags auctioned selling everything and the last selling very little. I don't think has been a problem but did hear some members voice their concerns that it could

wvdaisy
10/26/2004, 10:47 AM
I think the changes that are already being talked about will do a lot to speed up the process so everyone should be able to bring/sell their frags, right Ron? A lot of time was taken during the auction figuring out who brought what frag and who it was sold to, so improved labeling of the bags(first name last initial) and implementing the suggestion of auction numbers will be a big help in speeding the process. Also, a different audio/visual setup will speed things.

I think separating the corals into types is a great idea, we'll see what the powers that be think. :)

There was an amazing turnout of corals this meeting and since this was only the fourth meeting it's still a learning process with improvements to be made with each meeting.

Keep the great ideas coming!

LowCel
10/26/2004, 11:20 AM
:beer: BEER!!!!! :beer: BEER!!!!! :beer:

Especially for Matt, I think he could have used one Sunday. ;)

coralreefer
10/26/2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by LowCel
:beer: BEER!!!!! :beer: BEER!!!!! :beer:

Especially for Matt, I think he could have used one Sunday. ;)

Now that is the BEST suggestion I've heard yet! and the one I had on the way home was very tasty...helps when you don't have to drive

ps: Bruce the noon news said we're having a nationwide tomato shortage :eek: end of hijack

LowCel
10/26/2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by coralreefer

ps: Bruce the noon news said we're having a nationwide tomato shortage :eek: end of hijack

I guess that is why we are paying around $35 a box right now instead of the normal $10 we pay in the Summer. :mad:

end of hijack

odoprelude
10/26/2004, 12:35 PM
Well, I think the organization of the frags sold vs. frags bought was very well done... I agree if we can put all the mushrooms, zoos, softies, lps, sps and misc. corals would be a great idea... Moving the auction to a more visible and venilated area is a great idea, I'm sure that Ron agrees... I don't think we should limit the time on the auction though.. I enjoyed the variety of frags available and the chance to get all different kinds of things. Perhaps, we should do the informative part of the meeting, door prizes, giveaways and then the auction so if you don't want what's next you could leave... or course, the door prizes and giveaways were fine with me to do at the end of the auction.. If Ron wants or gets tired like he did the last auction, I volunteer my voice... And beer is always a great idea!!!!!

1package
10/26/2004, 03:22 PM
It looks like many of the issues were addressed and this would surely speed things up. It would suck to have to put a time limit or limit the number of frags, one because nearly everyone stayed and 2 because everything sold.

If we sign in and get a number, bid using the number as suggested, this will speed things up a lot.

If the items are listed with the sellers name, type of frag. This will speed things up a lot also. I had 2 versions of star polyps, so I brought a photo of each. If you can do it, it would obviously help. Then again, obviously everyone will not have have resources.

I think Ron did well by starting items at $10 or $15 as opposed to $1, although Ron (who did excellent and knows the items well enough to add comments - great additions) however; (here it comes!).......many times I heard 11,12,13,14,.........up to 20-25 or more. If 5 people hold up their hands for $12, the next should be $15 or something like that. Seldom did I hear anything other than $1 intervals (but I was not paying close attention). Another auction tip.......tell everyone up front no 1/2 dollar bids. Another auction tip.........going once, twice, sold......speed it up. If someone does not get a chance to bid after a couple times they will realize you need to speak up or get left behind............I certainly am not saying I could have done better and do believe Ron did great. I have just been around many (many) auctions (thanks to Dad getting his license after retiring) and he would have sold 94 items in 45 minutes. You may miss a couple of people's bids, you may only get $23 instead of $24, but you keep everyone's interest and get through it. Just my 2 cents. I think this would speed things up.....

I also agree that space is an issue and may become more of an issue.

Curtis1
10/26/2004, 04:06 PM
I don't like the time limit. But I think that a specified time for the auction to start would be good, that way if you have arranged to swap with someone, it may be done before hand. How about putting the numbers on paddles that the bidders can flash up as they bid, to save time from the auctioneer looking for the bidders. I think that it would be nice to start with the most expensive pcs., Acros/SPS, then move to LPS, then softies, then zoos. This may be nitpicking, but if I'm gonna get a frag, I want a frag. GARF says that a zoo frag should contain at least 8 to 10 polyps, they will start spreading quicker. My last zoo frag here at the house, I started with around 8 polyps, it took about a month before it started matting, then 3-4 wks before 2 new ones started. Plus it would cut down on so many small zoo frags. Also a keg of Bud Light at the door as you walk in would be a nice touch, I'm riding with Dave and Amy next time !!!!!

coralreefer
10/26/2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Curtis1
I think that it would be nice to start with the most expensive Acros/SPS, then move to LPS, then softies, then zoos.

Ummm Curt you might change this statement if you knew what some zoas are selling for... PPE's $600.00/3 polyps, about 30 nice purples, now named PHE's :rolleyes: a couple of weeks ago went for $510.00. Not to mention reds, blues or anything else people think is "rare" this month.
Almost makes the purple monster seem cheap....note Bruce I said "almost"

Maybe we could run a "reefer's taxi service" for frags next time :beer:

LowCel
10/26/2004, 04:39 PM
LOL Amy. BTW, I e-mailed the place I am on the list for that one "frag". I was told that I should have it within 18 months. However, they may be getting another colony so I could have my frag in less than 6 months!!!!

Right now 1/2" frags are going for around $150.

pappygonefishin2002
10/26/2004, 05:14 PM
If and when we had a swap only meeting , between our regular cvrc meeting I think it would cut down on a lot of confusion. I personally would rather trade for a frag I like than to see it auctioned off. I also really like the idea of each member having a # you know instantly who got the frag, should go like clockwork, and really speed things up! As for putting frags in a category I dont like that idea unless its only 2.... hard and soft , put the hards on one side tanks , and the soft on the other. And I might as well say it ......... What happens when our club is too large to operate out of the store?

pappygonefishin2002
10/26/2004, 05:41 PM
oops see I was a little late on that last statement

firefish2020
10/26/2004, 06:55 PM
<b>Name tags</b> Great idea. Someone bring them to the meeting well before anyone shows up.

<b>Paddles with numbers</b>, anyone know where to get these? If so let me know and we’ll figure out a way to pay for them.

<b>Numbering frags</b> is a great idea. There will be a requirement as of meeting #5 that every frag be labeled with the name, description and any special care or comments that it may require. <b>ALL</b> frags will remain in the tank(s) until the auction is over.

<b>Pictures</b>, great Idea would help 100% for those of you capable of printing out pics of your mother colonies, I think Bruce proved that it works well. If you do this you need to make sure that everyone gets to view these pics maybe before the auction or swap.

<b>Now let me respond to a few things.</b>
I took no breaks and talked for 2.5 hours straight on my own time. The only breaks I took were due to finding out whos coral it was. We had to keep track of the buyers and sellers. I almost fell off the Da#% bucket several times due to the heat, up until you all got there we had been working all morning to set things up. Let me also make this clear I do not draw a salary for this. The time and effort it took to prepare this was all taken by me, my family, friends, and Barry who donated 75% of the prizes.

It was clearly stated that the meeting would start at 3:00 PM. In order to frag out the corals that were brought in I had to cancel my planned discussion on water flow and I think it would have benefited a lot of new reefers. Also I need anyone who is willing to do a presentation at the next meeting to IM me with any ideas.

We had a problem at the first meeting with $5.00 increments with no one wanting to bid, we employed the $1.oo increment after this and it worked fine and <B>NEVER</B> did the bid increase by .50 cent increments? Im not sure where that came from but it is 100% untrue.

I am not an auctioneer never pretended to be one, no one ever volunteered for this position, and I am knowledgeable about corals and have no problem with public speaking so I got stuck doing it. If you know of any one who will do this free of charge then please send them down. I could describe the coral and someone else could auction it maybe that would be quicker. We also need a third person whose job will be to label the frags with the winning bidders number.

If this does not speed things up we will be doing a limit prob 5-10 and there will be no need for a time limit.

<b>Lanna</b> Thanks for the cookies :) and the help, your go on audio visual let me know when you can.
<b>Cliff</b> you work on an idea for the Swap only or limited auction etc and get back to me.
<b>Chris</b> unless someone else steps up your doing the next auction, I'll be handing you corals etc.
<b>anyone else wanting to do something </b> contact me or post it here. We need a good topic for the next meeting.

Thanks,
Ron

pappygonefishin2002
10/26/2004, 07:12 PM
Ron, I think you took my comment about taking 2 many breaks seriously , we all know you worked furiously, and did a fantastic job you have got to lighten up... LOL (It was a joke son)
Im sure most of us are willing to help or assist in any way we can
youve just to let us know what help and assistance you need

Clifford

firefish2020
10/26/2004, 07:28 PM
Cliff LOL
Ok I want you to plan out how the swap only will work, we can start out an hour or two ahead of time and do trades then etc... I'll help you work it out just give me some ideas. It's just not easy to figure out and I can use as much help as you all can give.

Later,
Ron

Curtis1
10/26/2004, 08:42 PM
He aint heavy, he's my brother. Don't worry bout the number paddles, I'll take care of it, there's my part. What do you think about 60 of em ????? Cliff, son, you're just gonna have to calm down !!!! LOL

Curtis1
10/26/2004, 08:44 PM
Bruce, I'll be your huckleberry on the blue zoos, I'll go 1/2 or 1/3. But do we still have to wait six mos. ????

odoprelude
10/26/2004, 08:49 PM
whoa-whoa-whoa, Ron.. I said I would help when you're voice got tired... not do the whole thing!!!! lol :D Seriously, anything I can do to help out, you know that!

firefish2020
10/26/2004, 08:53 PM
Curt go for it, sounds good to me.

Bruce don't forget to put me on the list for a frag of the PM :) It should be big enough in a few years LOL. I'll have a monster reef by then if all goes well. Remember 1/4 inch is perfect escape size.

Later

odoprelude
10/26/2004, 08:56 PM
any funding splits, I would be willing to go in on on the PM, if you want another partner on it!

pappygonefishin2002
10/26/2004, 09:03 PM
Well honestly I was thinking if Barry didnt mind that we just had a trade only meeting once every other month between our regular cvrc meeting. Or maybe just a couple times a year. Would probably be mostly a prearranged swap before we ever arrived with our frags. Seems like it wouldnt take long for us to trade out , a little less confusion at the regular meeting, and a chance for us to see some of the nicer frags that we normally wouldnt bring for auction and then we could see in advance what other frags that we might want to trade out at the regular meeting. Barry may benifit from a few sales and we can view and exchange frags in a little more relaxed atmosphere! Just wanted to throw this out to see how many people would be interested and if barry could float us in a couple hours, if the rest of the club would be interested!

pappygonefishin2002
10/26/2004, 09:15 PM
Ok Curtis , I think a nice new fly rod would calm me down lol
Bruce you on a waiting list for 6 months for blues? Might be able to help ya out Ill let ya know within the week!

LowCel
10/26/2004, 09:23 PM
Uhhh....not sure where people got that but I'm not on a list for any zoanthids. Sorry.

Chris, sorry. I'm planning on paying around $200 for a 1/2" frag of the purple monster. I don't think it would work out cutting it in half. Also, as hard as it is to keep I wouldn't want to be holding it for it to grow out to be able to split it. Who knows, it may not even survive.

Ron, put me down to number the bags or whatever it was you were talking about. I'll be happy to help out in any other way as well, just let me know. If you remind me a couple of days ahead of time I will run by Staples and grab some name tags as well. Basicly I'll do anything to help besides cooking or public speaking. :D

I do have one idea. Could we possibly have a couple of rubbermaid totes in the back room with a heater them? Once a frag is auctioned off we can put the frag in there with the winning bidders number on it that way there will be no confusion and it will be out of the way.

Ron, you will have the first "accidental" frag of the pm. Matt has helped me out so much with this hobby that he gets the second and probably last frag during the first couple of years. For the first year or two the only frags that will be coming off of it will be accidental frags. I can't wait to get this thing!!!!

hmott
10/26/2004, 09:33 PM
If ya want I'll bring the name tags. I'll have my wife print off 80 or so... where is that cvrc logo, we'll use that.

I can also help out with numbering some if we want to do stints rather than one person doing it all meeting.

Also the paddles don't have to be "paddles" most auctions give you a card thats about 1/2 sheet of paper with a big marked number on it. Works great and its cheap.

firefish2020
10/26/2004, 09:33 PM
I was thinking maybe put all the frags in the pacu tank up front, then as they sell we could put them into the Rubbermaids you mentioned maybe even label the Rubbermaids with the buyers numbers 1-20 then 21-40 etc. It would be a lot better on getting everybody paid faster. Cliff I'll run it past Barry but I don't think he would mind at all. I think its a great ideal. Should we go for November or January?

wvdaisy
10/26/2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by firefish2020
I was thinking maybe put all the frags in the pacu tank up front, then as they sell we could put them into the Rubbermaids you mentioned maybe even label the Rubbermaids with the buyers numbers 1-20 then 21-40 etc. It would be a lot better on getting everybody paid faster. Cliff I'll run it past Barry but I don't think he would mind at all. I think its a great ideal. Should we go for November or January?

You may want to rethink the Pacu tank for the frags before the auction because most people were going through them taking a look before the auction started and if they're in the pacu tank the members won't be able to reach them...just a thought. They could always go in the small tanks on the front facing wall, we could even label the tanks for different types if you decide to sell them by type of coral rather than just whatever is grabbed first. There's plenty of time to work that out though :fish1:

The Rubbermaids are a great idea!

Ron, would you like me to keep track of who on here is volunteering to do what and check with them before the meeting to make sure everything's on track?

Shikaroka
10/27/2004, 08:53 AM
I was thinking maybe put all the frags in the pacu tank up front,

Will the Pacu not nip at the bags?

You know I got the ink for you Ron. I'll contribute my xerographic skills.
I could probably do some nametags or "paddles", whatever is needed.

I think some of these ideas are good, and will help things go more smoothly. But, I am impressed at how well things have gone so far. This past meeting, was just number 4, and it was huge. I think it went really well considering everything.

You are THE MAN Ron!
You deserve a big pat on the back.

C-Ya
The Todd

ps.
Wow, can you believe it! My first post ^

firefish2020
10/27/2004, 11:04 AM
<B>WELCOME Shikaroka</B>

The idea isn't to keep the frags in there through the entire meeting we can float them for the trade, it's just where they will reside durring the final auction. Im sure we can make a deal with the pacu LOL. Either that or we'll set up a tank, rubermaid or whatever. Point is this there were incidents in the end where it seemed like someone did not get the frag they were supose to. We worked to fix these problems but it also took up more time. If the frags are in a central location where only the auctioneer and myself are permitted to get to there is more security and less chance something will go wrong. Keep the ideas coming guys were getting there.

Shikaroka
10/27/2004, 11:11 AM

If the frags are in a central location where only the auctioneer and myself are permitted to get to there is more security and less chance something will go wrong.

Good point :thumbsup:

Thanks for everything Ron!

mcox33
10/30/2004, 06:54 AM
Cliff LOL
Ok I want you to plan out how the swap only will work, we can start out an hour or two ahead of time and do trades then etc... I'll help you work it out just give me some ideas. It's just not easy to figure out and I can use as much help as you all can give.

Later,
Ron
I thought you knew you could count on me to help anyway possible, and everyone knows you auctioned non stop I think people were probably suggesting you should have taken a few minutes break every once in a while.

1package
11/03/2004, 01:15 PM
Saw the responses to this a little late but thought I would reply anyway. Ron, I think you took a little offense to a few (requested), "suggestions" - sorry. I don't think anyone wanted to do your part of the auction, I sure did not, although someone did offer to help out, good to have a break or backup. I made the comment, that you should make it clear no 1/2 dollar bids. I did not hear any 1/2 dollar bids but if you announce it up front, it is not an issue, just to save time.

I did not see you take a break, regular iron man.

I also made the suggestion that you should increase the increments. You mentioned that you tried $5 it did not work - understood. What I meant was, if you have 5 people bidding $10, there is no need to say "do I have $11?", increase the increment when there is multiple interest in an item, when down to 1-2 people, go $1 increments. And do not wait so long at the end over a $1, say "sold", people will bid faster if they want it. Explain at the beginning I am going to say, "going once, twice, sold, if I miss someone I am sorry". This will also allow time for the discussions you mentioned. The frags coming in are likely to increase. If the auction is not done faster, it will take longer.

Once again, just a suggestion that I have seen at auctions. And another advantage of you doing the auctions, you know as well as anyone what items will bring. You also know the more rare items and can answer question. I think you are the man for the job for sure. Just trying to help out a little.

As for the paddles, perhaps index cards with a number hand written on it, given out when you sign in for it, cheap and easy.

As for labels on the bags, this would work great.

Separating the corals (hard/soft) would be nice but would likely increase the time needed due to tracking the changing back and forth between sellers and then attempting to total it up afterwards.

For the record, I think everyone appreciates the fact that you put so much of your time into this, I know I do. I have been doing this for a long time and have learned as much in the past few months talking with others (including yourself) as the past few years. - thanks everyone.

Lastly, if you are not drawing any salary for this, perhaps you should get a new agent and negotiate. 10% is coming in due to frag sells and it is largely due to you. As you mentioned Barry, is donating prizes, facility, etc.... 10% of the frag sales - there were 94 items (I think), they all sold for at least $15 that is somewhere in the $150 range, not bad. A certain percentage of the people who came for the meeting likely bought supplies, more host income. And then there are people like myself who took their earnings from the frags and bought a new equipment, supplies or creatures, more income. The store also auctioned off some frags, more income. So, I think you would have to agree it is not just a one way street. There are very obvious advantages for a shop to host the meetings. ..........and I for you am glad they do, just stating an opinion.

In addition, there is more opportunity to increase return on investment for the Shop.........everyone signs in, gets a number, on the sign in sheet you request name, address, email. You suddenly have a mailing list both email and snail mail to send out holiday reminders for gift cards, specials, sales and meeting reminders.

Ron I do not think anyone intend their suggestions to seem unappreciative for your effort and time (although I could read into it that way) - it is very much appreciated. The same is true for Barry's contribution of time, prizes and location, he is always helpful and everything was great. Another option - sell $1 chances on $50 store gift cerificates......win/win. I for one am also in favor of buying chances on winning items.

Sorry so long - just attempting to make some productive suggestions.

firefish2020
11/04/2004, 11:25 PM
"I have been doing this for a long time and have learned as much in the past few months talking with others (including yourself) as the past few years. - thanks everyone."

This is the reason I decided to start this club and put up with all the headaches involved. The CVRC was needed to insure that reefers, old and new have a place to go and share knowledge and trade healthy coral frags among themselves it is not there to make anyone rich including the shop. In my opinion knowledge should be free and a comunity can accomplish more than any individual.

To the CVRC veterans, the next meeting will be different from other meetings we have had. There will be changes made, changes that I think you will agree are needed in order to address the issues that have been brought forth. We are creating something far bigger than any of us really can ever appreciate. We have given new hobbyist a place to come to learn and believe me they need it. I agree the benefits for the shop are great but make no mistake about this, it is a welcome byproduct only. We have in one year’s time changed a LFS into one of the most known and informative resources for saltwater enthusiasts around. I will say this again I do not draw a sallary for what I do at the CVRC somethings are not about making money and the CVRC is a good example.

Our meetings are becoming somewhat legend out there with people calling from the entire tristate region asking about the CVRC and how to join. To all those who have contributed help in the past year I thank you for your support.

I will be in contact with those who have volunteered duties here and as stated above if anyone else wishes to contribute please feel free to contact Lana or me.

Thank you,
Ron

msu
11/05/2004, 02:22 AM
The Dec. meeting will be the first meeting for my wife Katrina and I can’t wait. I have read all the suggestions, and it seems that organization is the key issue. The ideas of grouping corals, assigning numbers to members, and using paddles to place bids with are all great ideas and should help the auction to run more efficiently.

I know any suggestion that I can make will be a wild guess. However, I am going to make one. It will take a little pre-meeting planning on every ones part but it may have big returns for everyone. It would involve everyone making a definite list of the frags they are planning to place in the auction and sending their list to one specific person or placing it on the forum. That person would then compile all the individual lists into a master that could either be emailed to everyone, posted as a new thread in the forum or placed at the door so everyone could pick up a copy on the way in. The master list would list all frags by group and assign a number to each one, which could be the order in which they are auctioned. In addition to the assigned number, the name of the frag with a BRIEF description as well as the name of the person that brought it would be listed. Granted individual lists would need to be done a few days before the meeting lets say at least 5 days before. That way who ever puts the list together would have plenty of time to get it done and have time to let someone look over it to see if everything that needs to be listed is listed.

To help ensure that everyone was treated equal for meeting 5 the order of the groups may be as: 1. SPS, 2. LPS, 3. Softies, 4. Mushrooms. Then for meeting 6 they could be list 1. LPS, 2. Softies, 3. Mushrooms, 4. SPS. That way if a person is only interested in SPS or any other group they would have an idea as to when that group would be auctioned and then they could make way for others to be closer to the action when frags are being auctioned that they are not interested in.

firefish2020
11/05/2004, 12:42 PM
I think you will all be pleased with the organization at the next meeting.

LowCel
11/05/2004, 01:16 PM
H*ll, I was pleased with the last meeting. :beer:

Shikaroka
11/05/2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by LowCel
H*ll, I was pleased with the last meeting. :beer:

Ditto :thumbsup:

hmott
11/05/2004, 03:16 PM
mark me in the "hell, I was please with the last meeting." group as well!

hmott
11/05/2004, 03:17 PM
hey it didn't edit my Hell and make it H*ll :/ I guess it doesn't do it auto?

odoprelude
11/05/2004, 03:52 PM
Hell, I was REAL PLEASED with the last meeting.....:D I think it should set the precident of all meetings in the future....lol

firefish2020
11/08/2004, 06:29 PM
Great! Lana I heard you guys ran a test of the audio/visual over the weekend, I was thinking if its posible we will need 2 mikes for this. One for the auctionier and one for the person describing the coral (prob me) and putting the frags on camera.
Thanks again,
Ron

wvdaisy
11/08/2004, 06:45 PM
Great! Lana I heard you guys ran a test of the audio/visual over the weekend, I was thinking if its posible we will need 2 mikes for this. One for the auctionier and one for the person describing the coral (prob me) and putting the frags on camera.
Thanks again,
Ron

The pic on the screen looked great and was very clear even with our 8 yr old video camera sending the pic to the projector. I think it will help everyone see the corals more clearly.
I'll pass along the 2 mike idea.
Did you get the auction paddle I left there? Brian and I were at an auction Saturday. There is a number where the paddles can be ordered or it can be a pattern, if needed, for some to be made. I think Curtis volunteered for the paddles, what say you Curtis :)
Lana