PDA

View Full Version : Need Live Rock

jfloydr
10/25/2004, 04:52 PM
I am almost ready to put rock in my 90 and am going to put in 100 lbs of base rock and was wondering if I could get a couple of people to give/sell/trade a piece of live rock from thier existing setup to seed the base rock. I have a couple of devils hand leathers, orange zoo frag, blue stripe mushroom, xenia, a coral banded shrimp and a green chromis I could trade. Anyone interested let me know and if you are coming to the meeting at Jons we can work something out.
Thanks,
Jeff

DarkDweller
10/26/2004, 09:32 PM
I'll give you a couple pieces. No charge :)

jfloydr
10/31/2004, 08:24 AM
thanks for the rock colleen

WILDTHING
11/01/2004, 06:32 PM
You're welcome!! When I started my fuge some really nice people gave me bits of rock and plants and stuff from their fuges to help seed mine so I'm happy to be able to pass it along and help someone else. If you need some macro let me know.

Charlie Davidson
11/01/2004, 06:41 PM
Colleen, Hope all goes well for you! had not seen you online for a while!

WILDTHING
11/02/2004, 07:47 AM
Hi Charlie!
Thanks, things are going very well over here, busy with my little 20g, thinking I need to add a fuge/sump to it to help control some dreaded red slimy bubbly algae.I blow it off of stuff with a baster daily but its back the next day, Gurrrrr. Don't want to add culerpa to the tank for fear of it taking over.

BTW Maroon girl is doing great. Glad I decided not to keep her in my reef as she loves to play in the sand and excavates it from one side of the tank to the other. It took her a few days to settle in but now seems happy. She loves (and gets as treats) the guts of silver sides I feed to the lion, mysis shrimp and she is starting to like formula 1 pellets. tons of personality packed into those couple of inches.

ade
11/07/2004, 09:38 PM
Collen the best thing for red slime is freshwater maracyn. Is about $3-4 in your lps. It is safe for your reef and inverts.

Jeff give me a call and I'll give you some rock.Do you still have my cell#? If not then you can pm me.

jfloydr
11/07/2004, 09:57 PM
I'll call you as soon as I get my tank set up. Thanks.

WILDTHING
11/08/2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the tip ade, I figure I had too much nutrients in the water due to some frag die off and adjustment and not enough skimming. I got an aqua c that worked like there was no tomorrow but then seemed to slow down alot. I took it out and cleaned it and it seems to be working well again,so I hope it will take care of things along with some water changes. If it doesn't work I may try the Maracyn.

colleen

Charlie Davidson
11/08/2004, 07:37 PM
water flow, good skimmer. Collien you are on right track, I have used Chemi-clean and have some left you can have but ( as I said earlier,------ right track! see you thursday!!!

WILDTHING
11/08/2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks Charlie, but like you said, I want to try to take care of the root problem. Additives just seem like a band-aide to me, they will work for a while but will come back if I don't have the root cause taken care of first. But if I can't get a handle on it after another 2-3 weeks then I'll be desperate enough to try a band-aide. lol