PDA

View Full Version : Energy Costs

filishy
11/12/2001, 12:32 PM
Hello to you all!

Well, the time is approaching for my move to Orlando. I should be getting there by the middle of January, so my dreamed tank is only a few months away !!!

So, I am putting together numbers on maintenance and this where I was hoping you guys could help me out. MY proposed set up is the following:

90 AGA RR.
Aqualine Aquaspace Lighting Fixture: 2 250W HQI and 2 24W PC's.
Lifereef System with sump, refugium, skimmer and Ca Reactor.
Return Pump: MAG 2400.
Circulation Pump for SS 3/4: MAG 1200.
Chiller: Delta Star from Aqua Logic 1/4 hp.

Now, how much $ would I have to pay monthly for a set up like that in the electricity bill?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

Mary.

Aquaman
11/12/2001, 03:49 PM
Energy costs really depend on a great number of things, How efficent the home/apartment is. What else you have running full time? how much shade from direct sun your house may have.

I own a manufactured home 1300sq ft, my airconditioner is a 1999 carrier 2.5 ton unit and my powerbill is on average $240-260 a month :eek:

This is with a 125 running 2 400watt MH, 1 175watt MH, 1 IceCap 660 with 3 5' VHO's, 2 4" fans, 1 Iwaki 40rlt return pump and a little giant 4md running my skimmer. Also have a 40 gallon with a pair of 96watt PC lights and a refugium lit 24/7

Maybe some others can chime in and give you an idea.

filishy
11/12/2001, 04:11 PM
Hi Aquaman,

Thanks very much for the info.

As you mentioned, it does depend on lots of things. The house I will be moving in is a brand new 3 br. home of around 1500 sq.ft. As it is a brand new development, there are no trees yet so the sun will fully impact the house. We do not plan to have the A/C running all the time but, we'll see, I am not so sure about that one just yet.

Besides the A/C and appliances such as the fridge (for more than obvious reasons) I cannot think about other things running all the time.

Thanks again, though! The figures ($240-260 a month) are not to my liking but, what can you do, right? :(

Mary.