PDA

View Full Version : Utah frags finding their way to TE

VegasMike
10/22/2004, 11:37 AM
I was just in Tropical Expressions yesterday and Jacqui had a couple of nice Acros and a few frags that she said were from a "lady in Utah". Fess up, who broght those in? The Blasto is now in my office tank as is one of the Acros, nice little turquoise Humilis or Samoensis.

She still has a nice Acro and and Orange M. Capricornis as well as a few other nice pieces, Platagyra, Cynarina, Frogspawn, Blue polyped Gorgonian, Fungia, just naming what I remember.

Mike

LaserGecko
10/22/2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the post, Mike. I'd never been in there until today.

I'm quite impressed. What a great store...and they're moving closer to my house.

VegasMike
10/22/2004, 06:30 PM
I'm kind of bummed about the move. My office is at Cheyenne and Buffalo, now they are moving another 5 miles down the road to Oakey and Rainbow.

Jacqui is very honest and will try and get you whatever you are looking for at reasonable prices.

mike bracken
10/22/2004, 07:18 PM
not us

TippyToeX
10/22/2004, 11:20 PM
Mike, do you know if it will be a larger store that she is moving in to?

VegasMike
10/22/2004, 11:34 PM
I hope so. It couldn't be any smaller.

TippyToeX
10/22/2004, 11:51 PM
Not sure if it was a rumor, but I had heard she was going to focus on corals a lot more. :) Crossing my fingers on that one.

utnosaj
10/23/2004, 12:47 AM
i wish i knew the lady in utah, its hard to find any thing up here

LaserGecko
10/23/2004, 06:34 PM
She told me that they were going to be moving gradually over the course of a few weekends as the permits get approved. The new store will be bigger, too.

vegasadam
10/23/2004, 11:52 PM
The new store will be bigger and it will be all Jackies. She had a partner that was basically never there and didnt know anything about salt water stuff. Actually I think Jackie worked for the other women.

Jackie is a very honest women in fact she was going to order me a refractometer but told me to go to Drs Foster and Smith as they would be cheaper. She has also showed me her cost for a chiller and told me she will sell it for that price.

As a disclaimer I have to admit that Jackie saved me from ATM when I first started this hobby 10 months ago so I am partial to her. (ATM 2 sold me a skilter for $110 and I bought it)

Adam

VegasMike
10/25/2004, 12:58 PM
Jacqui used to work for ATM a few years back and, she too, was "screwed" by ATM as an employee. I don't know the whole story so I won't go into it, but, suffice it to say, it was consistent with my dealings with the owner of ATM.

John at ATM II is an OK guy who has been honest with me in the past, but he knows that I know my stuff. I don't know that he would treat a "newby" the same. I watched him bag up an obviously dieing mushroom rock for some guy, but I don't know whether the guy actually paid for it or John just gave it to him knowing it would be better off in his tank, those rare white mushrooms.:lol:

I wish Jacqui nothing but the best as she is more than generous in her business dealings. She orders stuff for me and gets fish for me from CA when I ask her and doesn't mark them up much, if any. I wish she would at least mark "everything" up a modest amount, even special orders, as I would like to see her stay in business. I actually heard her tell someone they couldn't buy a certain fish because it did not fit with the other fish in the tank. When I told her to get me some Lyretail Anthias, she questioned me and made sure I knew what I was requesting as she had not had much success with them and did not know many who had. She got in my six Anthias and had two that another customer had brought in and just gave them to me. Those kind of experiences will make me one of her regular customers in the new store.

Mike

dallast
10/25/2004, 05:22 PM
is it a new store or a second store? i heard the latter might be true?

VegasMike
10/25/2004, 05:41 PM
I think it's a new store and the they are closing the current one. Her comment to me was "don't be suprised as things start moving out of the store."

LaserGecko
10/26/2004, 01:03 AM
It's definitely a new store and not a second location.

vegasadam
10/26/2004, 11:19 AM
Its a new store From what I was told the owner has asked them to sign very long leases with higher rent.

Adam

EvilInSin
11/03/2004, 02:52 PM
oh man! now I will have to drive a long way for water. I liked having her right down the block. Might have to go back to mixing my own salt water.

TippyToeX
11/03/2004, 04:55 PM
Funny, she told me that the acros she had she ordered. :D

No one trusts me! :lol:

VegasMike
11/03/2004, 05:36 PM
The larger Acros she ordered, but she had Blast and Monti frags from the lady in Utah.