PDA

View Full Version : For sale, want to buy

Charlie Davidson
10/21/2004, 06:42 PM
Hey guys, I know we can help each other out a bit with our unused stuff.
I am looking for rock (live-dead- cooked) for my river tank. and a 400w 20k bulb.
For sale I have alot of "shiP" @, 20 some years worth, like many of us. just to start-- I have 2 VHO ballast, I removed from my tank, 1, 3 lamp ballast- any combo up to 18ft (setup by Joe at FW on board with switch and water proof ends) 2-3 yrs. Other one is a 2-lamp 6ft @ 6 months old. I have several 6 ft bulbs some only 2 months old that go with ballast. ( ballast still in my den so the boss is telling me to get rid of them)

BTW, I am rigging a board @ 3' - with a ballast and 2 artinic bulbs- so we can hold it over some of the frags to see color at next meet. you guys brought some great stuff!!!

cmoresps
10/22/2004, 01:12 AM
Charlie,

I think I have an old 400w20k xm you could have, if you want I will bring it to the swap, it burned for 7 months (still has some life left but I have tons of acros and some of the vivid pieces started fading a little)

I have pleanty of crap in my spare bin too. I have two turbofloaters, with pump that has needle wheel (both in sump one modified). I also have four spare genx pumps (new, I was going to use them as clsoed circuits but did not work out). I will also be parting out my 175watt halide ballasts shortly cheap

Charlie Davidson
10/22/2004, 06:46 AM
I would really like to try the 400 20k in the center of my tank. and I am thinking about adding another 175 to my 40gal. ( i just bought a cheapo skimmer for the "river" tank and new return pump)

cmoresps
10/22/2004, 09:44 AM
No problem, I will bring a spare the 11th, the spectrum they put off is simply awesome, I have had zoos, acros, montis color up under these bulbs, and its not the color of the bulb, its actual changes to the animal its self. BTW the river tank sounds really cool! I always wanted to see if I could catch a wild "snakehead" lol

SunDragon
10/22/2004, 11:43 AM
Is that a 2 6 foot bulb setup, or a 2 3 foot bulb (6 feet) setup. Id like to get some 03 going again on my tank.

SunDragon
10/22/2004, 11:44 AM
I think he means the tank at his river house, not a river biotope!

Charlie Davidson
10/22/2004, 07:44 PM
Steven, one ballast is 2 bulb 6' or 8' - the other setup is 3 bulb any combo up to 18'. So yes, if you want to add VHO artinics to your hood---- its yours. and price will be right! (trades)

SunDragon
10/22/2004, 08:11 PM
About how much you looking for the 2 6' setup and 2 03 (acintic) bulbs if you got them? I havent got much in the way of trades other than the scwd and maybe a few acro frags that I bought but decided I didnt really want.

Charlie Davidson
10/22/2004, 08:27 PM
Hey, what come around goes around! I will trade for your frags and scwd! I will pm with Cell#- not sure if I will leave in morning for river or stay in town. call anytime! if you do not understand what I am saying----- I am at the river!!!!!!!!!!! LOL