PDA

View Full Version : Calfo Presentation Notes

LaserGecko
10/21/2004, 05:24 AM
Holy mackeral!

I've typed five pages of notes from the meeting. After Anthony proofreads them, I'll post them here for all to see.

Perhaps other folks can fill in the holes that I've missed and we can end up with a virtual transcript of all that great knowledge.

Thanks for arranging it. That was surely the best investment of time I've ever spent on this hobby!

Jason

mike bracken
10/21/2004, 07:48 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
good deal

LVfishguy
10/21/2004, 08:24 AM
Very cool Jason. Sounds like you were a little more prepared than I was!

opihi
10/21/2004, 10:43 AM
that's awesome Jason! if you send me a copy of it, i can post it on our website as well (with proper credit, natch).

LaserGecko
10/21/2004, 10:55 AM
Actually, I just had one sheet of paper with a photo of the inside of my tank and a pen. I did fill the back of it, though, and I'm really not the note taking kind of person.

I still think I'd like to do the OceansMotions Squirt thing with Revolutions on some of those returns, but I won't feel bad if I don't and just do the manifold thing.

You know what, since Anthony is probably very busy, I'll go ahead and post the link to it while it's still somewhat fresh in everyone's minds:

Clicking this link will open Microsoft Word. If you want to be able to add your own notes for inclusion, right click and select "Save Link As..."

Calfo Notes in Microsoft Word format (http://members.cox.net/jcreager3/CalfoNotes.doc)

I'll .PDF it when it's finalized.

Standard Disclaimer: Work in Progress. Not responsible for errors. blah blah blah

TippyToeX
10/21/2004, 03:15 PM
Hey Jason that is awesome! :) Very helpful and a great tool for other LVVR member that were not able to attend the meeting. Thanks!

Anthony Calfo
10/21/2004, 04:15 PM
cheers, Jason/all

much thanks for the effort and sharing among friends/fellow hobbyists. I went over your file/notes and made some corrections/clarifications. Excellent job overall... its amazing anyone can keep up taking notes for how fast I speak :D

kindly,

Anth- :)

LaserGecko
10/21/2004, 06:45 PM
Actually, it was more of a "here's a talking point" that triggered me to remember to fill in the details. I'm really amazed at myself that I:

a) knew enough to keep up with most of what was going on. I had to guess at a few terms that I've read but hadn't actually heard pronounced.
b) remembered as much as I did when I didn't write anything down. I have no idea what train of thoughts led me to the bit about activated carbon because I didn't have anything written down.

I was a bit sketchy on the DSB info, though, but the WetWebMedia webpage was great! That bucket idea could be the cheapest way to improve a tank ever.

I should have the updates finished tonight.

Jason

LVfishguy
10/22/2004, 08:18 AM
Did we loose them or take them down? I couldn't get to them! Don't taunt me like that! Where is my coffee!!!

LaserGecko
10/22/2004, 01:49 PM
I deleted the .DOC file since it was the first draft.

http://members.cox.net/jcreager3/AnthonyCalfoNotes.pdf is the final draft in Portable Document Format.

Feel free to distribute to any place (including the LVVR website) as long as it's unmodified (not that many folks can modify .PDFs).

Anthony Calfo
10/22/2004, 02:49 PM
A brief note/mention... much appreciation for the efforts, but I did not actually edit the piece, just a quick read and some comments/feedback.

The notes stand on their own merit as Jason's voice, style and interpretation.

kindly,

Anthony :)

LaserGecko
10/22/2004, 04:31 PM
Should be fixed momentarily!

TippyToeX
10/22/2004, 11:18 PM
Looks great Jason. :) Glad to know you are willing to let that go on the LVVR website. Thanks!

Daniel62
10/23/2004, 01:10 AM
good job jason:)

Danile

dallast
10/23/2004, 04:38 PM
those are fantastic notes, jason!

well done!

vegasadam
10/23/2004, 11:56 PM
Jason thanks for the notes. They are great for a newbie and someone who wasnt there.

Adam