PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI & QT's

Curtis1
10/20/2004, 08:45 PM
How many members are there in the club ??? Of them, how many are using RO/DI and how many are using Quarentine Tanks ???

MattG
10/20/2004, 10:00 PM
ro/di here
no quarentine

sixliner6
10/20/2004, 10:12 PM
no ro/di
no quarantine

LowCel
10/21/2004, 07:07 AM
ro/di, couldn't imagine a tank without using one
no quarantine

coralreefer
10/21/2004, 08:50 AM
No ro/di
Do have a quarantine tank... that I've never used

hmott
10/21/2004, 09:14 AM
no ro/di
have a quarantine - couldn't imagine not using one.

Curtis1
10/21/2004, 09:24 PM
Well, I've been using tap water with Reef crystals, but I have a RO/DI unit on the way. I also have an extra 55 but think that I would rather have a more shallow, long breeder type tank for QT, maybe 30-40gal.Last night I put two wild caught Perculas and a 3" Sailfin in my tank, my Yellow Tang can't stand the later !!! Wish I'd had the QT even just for the clowns. I hope that the Tangs calm down soon or I'm gonna have to go fishin' agin'.

H.crispa
10/21/2004, 10:19 PM
Have an RO. Now I realize more than ever the importance of using one thanks to the recent outbreak of funk in our local H2O systems. Aquariums all over the valley are crashing. I personally had a freshwater tank I take care of at River's Edge crash due to the anti-funk chemical they put in the water-- New tank syndrome in a tank that has been well established for over a decade! Imagine how pi***d off I'd be if it had been one of my reefs.

Never have used a quarantine tank-- you don't have to when you get your stuff from Barry. I've been dealing with his shop for 12 years or so and have never had a disease problem from anything I've bought there-- period. My experience is that if you are having a problem it is probably a problem originating in your system-- not his. And thanks to Ron (I don't know how he convinced the B-man to do it, I've tried for years) Barry now keeps his tanks well stocked with lots of cool stuff for me to buy.

See you all this sunday!