PDA

View Full Version : AragaMilk

Hedonist
10/18/2004, 05:18 PM
I won a free bottle of this stuff, course the directions are in spainish?.. any body ever use it? I am between pickling lime and Kalk right now.. not using either but will soon be using Kalk again... is it okay to use this for now? My alk was pretty lo the other day.. just under 2, Ca 400... I did a water change and need to test again but thought I might give this a whril??? I need to give the well a rest, filled the hot tub and made new salt water, should wait onmaking another 30 g of Kalk...

denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/19/2004, 06:02 AM
u should go to local mexican Rc reef page in Mexico and ask them !

AquaDiva
10/23/2004, 11:49 AM
My very old bottle of the stuff says:

"Shake well, then add approximately 1 drop for every two gallons of water volume, or until aquarium water takes on a slight haze. Reef keepers, you may want to add AragaMilk to a glass of aquarium water, mix well, and then add to the tank or drip dose into an outside filter to prevent excessive "settling" on delicate corals." There's other stuff for Cichilds and stuff that I won't bore you with.

It also says:

"AragaMilk should be added near the intake flow or outflow of a powerhead or filter pump, or into a sump area. Your tank will take on a slight haze, which will clear in about an hour or so. AragoMilk is ideal to use as a daily regime to maintain Calcium, alkalinity and trace element levels. Cehck your ph two hours after dosing and adjust as necessary. Important note for reef keepers: Aragamilk has a cumulative effect, and Calcium levels may not reach their highest point for two to three days after initial dosing."

Soooo...I never used this stuff....came with a bunch of chemicals when I bought someone elses setup. I just translated your Spanish directions. :D

Hope this helps.

Linda

Cuervo420
10/23/2004, 12:05 PM
I've understood it a 2 part calcium/ alk supplement is a 1 part dose. Since is just liquid aragonite, you can overdose. Yeah, thats what they claim. I bought some of this about a year or so ago hoping to help the coralline in my softie tank. I'm still using the same bottle and every surface of every rock is pink, purple, and red. I have to scrape the tank glass weekly. We're talking serious growth here. I love it. And it's cheap too. Give it a try.

Cuervo420
10/23/2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Cuervo420
I've understood it a 2 part calcium/ alk supplement is a 1 part dose. Since is just liquid aragonite, you can overdose. Yeah, thats what they claim. I bought some of this about a year or so ago hoping to help the coralline in my softie tank. I'm still using the same bottle and every surface of every rock is pink, purple, and red. I have to scrape the tank glass weekly. We're talking serious growth here. I love it. And it's cheap too. Give it a try.
CAN"T OVERDOSE....sorry

smtarr
10/24/2004, 05:41 PM
Where do you get it? Do any of the LFS's have it in stock. I've been using kalk but since I don't have a doser sounds like this would be easier. Does it precipitate out phosphates like kalk does? I want to encourage coralline growth but tend to have a prob with cyanobacteria too. Sue