PDA

View Full Version : MH capacitor

SHOmuchFUN
10/18/2004, 07:40 AM
Anybody know where I could get a capacitor for a 250W MH ballast? Blew one on Saturday and need one ASAP. I've got a half lit 55 at the moment.

This is my last straw with magnetic ballasts. If I can't find a capacitor for cheap, I'm going with electronic ballasts. F this capacitor crap :mad2:

Only had my XM bulbs burned in 5 minutes before the cap busted. XM bulbs look great by the way.

SHOmuchFUN
10/18/2004, 09:26 AM
For anyone elses information, after days of looking I found this:
http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/nw012104/ADVANCE7C150P40-R.htm

How long can the other half of my 55 be unlit? Difference between 2-day shipping and standard ground from Atlanta Ga.

Reply ASAP, they're going to call with my shipping quote.

Tom Berry
10/18/2004, 01:04 PM
Erik,

Your corals should be fine for a couple of days.

I'm getting my new Sunlight Supply HQI ballasts tomorrow evening. You can borrow my IceCaps for a little bit, if you need to.

Tom:fish2:

SHOmuchFUN
10/18/2004, 01:11 PM
:eek1: A couple days? The cap blew on Saturday, could be until Friday before replacements arrive! May have to hit you up on the icecaps. Are you looking to sell them, or are they being sold with your current setup?

I have your bulbs to give back BTW.

tsalter
10/18/2004, 01:33 PM
How long do hurricanes sit over the reef? I would think that it would be cloudy for days and the corals still are okay?

I think you will be okay with just the T5s

T

SHOmuchFUN
10/18/2004, 01:36 PM
I see your point, however, do hurricanes sit in one place for a week? They move fairly rapidly through any area.

I've put this question in numerous other threads and have got no responses. It really surprises me. Maybe I should do a search?

SHOmuchFUN
10/18/2004, 01:48 PM
Maybe what I could do, is swap the plug tomorrow so the opposite end of the tank is lit and leave the other dark and then just alternate days.