PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the hobby for a while.

gramma royale
11/09/2001, 09:41 PM
Hello all,

OK, it's time for me to leave the reefing hobby for a while. Unfortunately, I can no long keep up with the electrical costs of the tank. Also, my family is planning on getting a dog for the house. I'm afraid that the dog wouldn't mix well with the tank :(. I am breaking down the tank before the 20th and would like to sell all my livestock before then. I will be keeping the tanks, stand, and lights, but the LR, LS, and livestock must go.

I currently have an open green brain coral, a mushroom rock with assorted mushrooms, several frogspawn branches, an orange tubeastrea, and a bubble coral. As for fish, I have 2 neon gobies and a firefish. I also have a multitude of snails, hermit crabs, and 2 peppermint shrimps.

I'm going to donate my sandbed to the LS project if the club would like me to. But if anyone is interested in taking anything else home, please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Tenner
11/09/2001, 10:21 PM
Gramma Royale,

We will accept the live sand donation, but only under one condition. If you ever get your tank set back up, you can have an equal amount of sand out of our live sand project.

If you feed your dog well perhaps he can run on a treadmill and generate some electricity for you guys.

Times are tough all over, and getting tougher. Sorry to hear you are getting out of the hobby, hopefully only for a short while.

Thanks
Matthew

gramma royale
11/09/2001, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the offer and the concern. Times are hard indeed, but I will return to the hobby one day. Hopefully when I get my own place, I'll be able to afford at least a 180 gallon. This would be my reef dream ;)

Kevhub
11/12/2001, 04:01 PM
gramma royal,

I am interested in the 2 neon gobies, bubble coral and some frogspawn. I am in San Jose and can come pick them up.

E-mail me the details, price etc...

Kevin

gramma royale
11/12/2001, 07:34 PM
To all those still interested in my tank, I'm sorry. I should've posted this earlier, but the tank has been spoken for. Again, good luck to you all in your reefing experience :)

lori344
11/14/2001, 10:14 AM
Mike,
Sorry to hear the news... that's just awful. I guess that means you don't need this sand. I'm finally here in the bay area for good and brought your sand with me. No big deal... I'm going back to Fresno next weekend for a wedding and can return it to LFS.

I wish you the best of luck. Don't forget about the gang when you get back into the hobby.
~lori

gramma royale
11/14/2001, 07:33 PM
I'm terribly sorry for not letting you know, Lori. Thank you very much for getting the sand for me. The past week has been very hectic for me. Yea, I've finally managed to tick off my parents :(. Oh well, hopefully the dog will bring as much joy as the reef tank did. Thanks again, and I won't forget about the club :). I might swing by to see Dr. Shimek speak, though.