PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Area Custom Sumps?

robster
10/15/2004, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know anyone in the Charlotte are near area that makes custom acrylic sumps?

baz
10/17/2004, 09:13 PM
I know a guy I will show him your post and y'all can work something out!

Sabreman0001
10/18/2004, 12:43 PM
Robster,

Sent you PM....I am in Charlotte and would be happy to talk with you about a custom sump.....

-Dave

mmmmsushi
10/22/2004, 01:29 PM
Robster,
Dave did a sump for me and I've been very pleased. It was exactly the way I wanted it, and it's worked like a charm.

baz
10/22/2004, 09:33 PM
Yep dave built both of mine and my fuges!

Plato
10/23/2004, 12:25 AM
If you are interested I can get you berlin or eco style algae scrubber sumps. They are made in Charlotte. Your sump will be made exactly as what you specify. I am having one made right now. The same manufacture has made me numerous sumps and many tanks- up to 500 gallon. The turnaround time is about two weeks. If you are interested I can post a picture of a sump made for me that is run on a 275 reef. The price is amazing and the craftsmanship is the best I have seen using many manufactures for over fifteen years.
Brian

robster
10/23/2004, 10:37 AM
Sounds good to me. Post your pic. Also, who in Charlotte is making these?

Plato
10/23/2004, 10:54 AM
Robster, I am going out to the tank in a few hours and I can get a picture. I will try to post it later this week end. I don't want to reveal my source however, I hope you understand. The price you would pay (retail) would be the same as if you purcased from me (whole sale), But I know that this company maks sumps and tanks for five or more aquarium shops in the area.

Sabreman0001
10/24/2004, 10:33 PM
Robster,

Get your best price and IM me, I will take care of you and you can buy at wholesale pricing right from me, you can PM baz and mmmmsushi as references of my work....I will draw your sump in CAD and get your ok before we cut anything.....this way you will get exactly what you want at the best price!

New wave acrylics makes sumps for several of the local fish stores(hi tide, fintastics....etc)....704-333-9665 you can call them directly if you want to go that route.

-Dave

Plato
10/27/2004, 04:11 PM
The jig is up, robster, saberman0001 let the cat out of the bag. Tony @New Wave Acrylics is one of my main suppliers. He has never let me down, so I will take my self out as the "middle man" please give Tony a call and get a quote, frendly competion never hurts. Even though my price is lower than retail you price direct from Tony would be around the same as me, like I said you are better off just to go strait to Tony at New Wave. I will still post a picture of the sump to give you an idea.

Why look a gift horse in the mouth, I think that is how the saying goes. Saberman0001, Dave my name is Brian. I would like to know if I can do business with you. You can never have enough suppliers. I am giving Tony a schetch tomorrow for a sump. If I send you the schetch, I would be pleased to recieve a quote form you. Hope to do business in the future with you.

electric130
11/04/2004, 10:19 PM
i've bought one from New Wave Acrylics. the one they have is already made, but it's big enough for a 150 or smaller. it's only $135 and it's alread got some baffles, a sponge and some eggcrate in it. i used to have a pic, but i can't find it. i used it on an installation i did. they'll make custom ones, but i'm sure the price skyrockets from there. you might be best to stick with a hobbyist.

Plato
11/05/2004, 02:04 AM
Hey, electric130
I have had Tony at New Wave make me a couple of custom sumps befor, but the price is well wort it. I have a 120 with one of those prebuilt sumps and a 65 with one of his small sumps, it is the same layout but smaller dementions. I am very pleased with his work.

electric130
11/05/2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Plato
Hey, electric130
I have had Tony at New Wave make me a couple of custom sumps befor, but the price is well wort it. I have a 120 with one of those prebuilt sumps and a 65 with one of his small sumps, it is the same layout but smaller dementions. I am very pleased with his work. yeah, tony is great. i've dealt with him on several occasions. both for sumps and just raw acrylic (had some pre-cut so i could build a display case for my NASCAR diecast) his prices are good too. the acrylic to build a 4'x3'x9" case, pre-cut with glue-ready edges was only $64. i was happy with that.