PDA

View Full Version : CMAS (Chicago) Swap Meet Saturday Nov 17th at 1pm

jbash
11/09/2001, 04:37 PM
The Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS) will have its annual (maybe semiannual now?:-) Swap Meet on Saturday, November 17th at 1pm. You
need not be a member to attend or trade. Bring in your coral frags, excess macroalgae, incompatible fish, unwanted tanks, lights, pumps, skimmers, etc., and wheel & deal!

The swap meet will be held at the Schaumburg Public Library in the Adult Classroom on the second floor from 1:00 to about 4pm. For more and updated info on meetings and CMAS check:
http://www.cmas.net

Reefer madness
11/11/2001, 11:34 AM
Count me in!!! If anybody is looking for a specific type of coral, it would be good to post it here to allow the appropriate number of frags to be made.
See you there!
Scott

clwnphish
11/13/2001, 07:51 PM
Anyone else on this board going?

RHCP
11/14/2001, 08:33 PM
Sounds like it would be worth the journey. I have the following availible. Email me to make sure I'm bringing a specific item if your intrested.

1.spiral macro
2.purple shrooms
3.green branching sponge (grows really fast)
4.xenia
5.sargassum
6.purple tip acro
7.greens shrooms
8.GSP
9kenya tree
10.caulerpa
11.birdsnest
12.orange shrooms
13.brown/green zoanthids
14.green frilly/hairy shrooms
15.green wagon wheel shrooms
16.sacrophtum cuttings
17.lobophytom cuttings
18.halmedia
and probably a few others.

I would be intrested in peppermint shrimp, LS seed , almost any SPS, and maxijets.
Hope to see ya there.
jeff

Reefer madness
11/15/2001, 01:29 AM
RHCP,
Is your birds nest brown or pink? I have been looking for the pink variety. If it is, I have some sps that we could discuss. Mainly, digitata (more green than anything, but also plenty of orange), a pink a. millepora, and a pink/purple acro (unidentified). Also bright metallic green star polyps, if you're interested in those.
Regards,
Scott

whirley
11/15/2001, 01:55 AM
Hrmm...guess I'll have to start fragging as well.

whirley

:D :D :D

RHCP
11/15/2001, 09:40 AM
THe birdsnest is brown. Is there anything else you are looking for from me? I'd be really intrested in the green dig.

Whirley- UGM
jeff

clwnphish
11/15/2001, 04:37 PM
I' ll probably be brining some purple tricolor a.millepora, grey blue stag, 2types of greenish brown acros one thick branching one thin, the thick under very intense light turns a bright solid green and the thin under very intense light seems to start getting some blue tips,Xenia, pink Pocillipora, Purple Digi and maybe some yellow stone polyps. I will only have a few of each and only one of certain types.

auto_loader
11/15/2001, 08:37 PM
I have a 65W LOA fixture if anyones interested. Also a couple frags of green w/ orage blue center zooanthids. And a few orange montipiora digitata frags from when my colony tipped over in the tank last weekend. |Some purple tipped arco, and some montipiora capricornis also.

clwnphish
11/15/2001, 09:07 PM
Forgot, I have a 65 LOA too.

Auto, I'm interested in your monti's. What size frags wil they be?

auto_loader
11/15/2001, 09:56 PM
clwnphish

I have a couple orange montis, about 2" tall with 5 or 6 small braches starting to form. Also a few other smaller pieces. The capricornis is (was) about 6" in diameter but I have broken a couple frags off of it to trade with others so its not true to form.

clwnphish
11/15/2001, 10:01 PM
Sounds Nice, LMK if there is anything you want so I will be sure to bring it.

whirley
11/15/2001, 10:23 PM
Just wondering, how much do you guys want for the LOA fixture? I blew my LOA fixture, but still have a good bulb...

Just wondering..

whirley

Reefer madness
11/16/2001, 01:49 AM
I'll make sure to bring green digi. I too would be interested in a 65W LOA. I was just looking for one at Home Depot today. :)
I will bring other misc frags, but will definitely make sure I have a few frags of green digi.
Scott

RHCP
11/16/2001, 12:22 PM
I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I have just been informed of in-laws coming in.:furious: have to go baracade the tanks off now.
hope you have a good time guys!
jeff

jbash
11/16/2001, 01:20 PM
Too bad RCHP! Although my spouse wondered if you'd get the whole market for kenya trees, xenia and some of the other softies we are going to bring :-)

For anyone else we will be bringing
kenya tree (brown, lots of little ones)
xenia (some pulsing RS White,
some more ordinary)
anthelia
a couple decent size Colt Corals
pieces of another unknown Colt-like softie
some peices of a very fuzzy brown Acropora
some shrooms
whatever else we notice and have time to grab

Anyone interesed in a Fluval cannister filter (maybe a 301? I'll have to look) or a Magnum 250 with biowheel? (They came off FW tanks, we are finally out of the FW keeping!).

Should be fun! See you all about 1pm tomorrow.

jim b

fletch33
11/16/2001, 01:20 PM
Scott Bring me a piece of Green Digi :)
Hope to meet all of you other than Whirley and Wsnhmr I dont know any of you guys?!?!?! Soon I will :)

Also can some people bring some good scoops of sand so we can all share the benifits of others sand in our own DSB's?

I will be bringing money so I really wont be trading but buying, I know a few of you like greenbacks more than more Xenia :)

Thx in advance,
Todd:bum:

dresch
11/16/2001, 10:54 PM
I'll be there on Sat. as well. I plan on bringing the following:

Corals and Macroalgae

Macroalgae
Halimeda sp.
Caulerpa racemosa - grape
Sargassum sp. - Sargassum
Caulerpa nummularia - half grape
Dictyota ciliolate - brown algae
SPS
Acropora
· Peach
· Peach tabletop
· Purple
· Tri-color
· Blue
Montipora digitata - purple tipped
Soft Corals
Xenia - Red Sea Xenia
Pachyclavularia violacea (Star Polyps)
· Green Star Polyp
· Brown Star Polyp
Lobophytum (Devil's Hand, finger leather)
· yellow finger leather
Erythropodium caribaeorum - Encrusting Gorgonian

I have lots of red mushrooms, various leathers, capenella, yellow polyps, and other soft corals I can bring as well, if anyone is interested. I can also frag some green staghorn SPS, if noone else is planning on bringing any. Post a reply here if there's anyting you want me to bring.

David D.