7 falcula butterfly
8 orange butterfly
9 maroon clown
10 bicolor angel
11 blue tang
12 singapore angel
13 imperator angel
14 lemon butterfly
any of these bad fish to get or not recommended this is a huge list i want to narrow it down to 4 or 5 fish so im just looking for ones that shouldn't go with the lion...also any ideas on what else could go with a lion would be great....

fishteacher73
11/08/2001, 01:14 PM
I would stay away from the huma... they are pretty nasty and would probably pick at a number of the prospects for the tank.
the Large angels can not be mixed...
Butterflies can be tricky to feed....I havent messed with a lot of them, but many are obligate feeders and only eat certain corals/polyps/sponges...I dont specificly know about the ones that you have slected, but check up on those big time before getting one.

despot101
11/08/2001, 01:42 PM
ok I had heard before that the huma would cause trouble so it wouldnt bother me dropping that from the list and I'll definatly check into the feeding of the angels...thanks...anyone else have any input on the list?

Agilecrux
11/08/2001, 03:47 PM
i have a dwarf lion myself.

i wouldnt put anything in the tank thats smaller than the dwarf lion. he will most likely eat the fish.

any butterfly will do though. just make sure you know what the eating habits are and the aggression of the angel is.

thats my .02 cents

the snowflake, i wouldnt go there. they are not reef safe. they will eat small fish and shrimp etc. and they get big.

dghall
11/09/2001, 10:41 AM
also be mindful of the lunare wrasse. they are typically tank bullies and pretty nasty. they will harass inverts, nip at corals and generally pick on anything smaller than them. as for the angels, just make sure you have enough room for them to establish a "territory". also...add the angels last. if you add them first, they will try to establish the whole tank as their "territory" and harass anything else you add later. if you add them last, they will find a spot that is unoccupied and call that home. hope this helps.

dave

despot101
11/09/2001, 10:45 AM
ok thanks for the advice on the wrasse i might go with a clown wrasse instead of the lunare..ive read they are pretty but ill check more into that..