PDA

View Full Version : Hello from your northern neighbor!

Sue_OT
10/11/2004, 06:40 PM
Hi there,

I live in Erie, PA and am always in the market for lfs to go to that carry reef stuff. Any store in Pittsburgh? In between?

Also, a couple of us are thinking of startingf a reef club up here, any suggestions?

Sue

Adam
10/13/2004, 07:15 AM
Hi Sue,

I live in Erie, PA and am always in the market for lfs to go to that carry reef stuff.

You have Sea Cave! They are nice folks and if they were my LFS, I probably wouldn't make the drive to Pittsburgh.

Any store in Pittsburgh? In between?

The Reef Shelf is in Hermitage (near Sharon). It is the owners home. In Pittsburgh, there are several. Seahorse (north of Pgh), Elmer's (east) and Atlantis and Wet Pets (both south). The Monroeville (east) and Heidleburg (south) locations of Pet Supplies Plus aren't bad. There is also Aquaworld (edge of the city). I am pretty sure you can see a list at www.pmas.org.

Also, a couple of us are thinking of startingf a reef club up here, any suggestions?

Incorporate as a 501-3(c) non-profit corporation. Come on down to a PMASI meeting, and you can chat with our officers. You and anyone else who would like to come is welcome. Our next meeting is this Saturday at 6:00pm.

Adam

Sue_OT
10/15/2004, 04:58 PM
you're right. Sea Cave is great, and I am there a lot. But I like to check out other places, too. Just to see what else is available.

I'd like to come to the meeting tomorrow, but I don't think I will be able to. I have company in from out of town this weeend, unfortunately. Thanks for the invite, though.

Sue