PDA

View Full Version : Recap of October's MASLAC Meeting

algaeguy
10/10/2004, 11:49 AM
Hey Everyone,

MASLAC's October meeting was a good one. Unfortunately, our keynote speaker, Mark Lamont cancelled at the last minute due to personal obligations. So, we were treated to a couple of interesting presentations from members. First, Kong Ho presentated his newly developed algae terminator product. This is a fascinating product that he devised to eliminate stubborn calciferous algae utilizing concentrated heat. Read more about it at: www.therme-at.com.

Next, John Foster played a very interesting video of larval collection of marine fishes. This may be the most effective way of having a sustainable marine fish industry in the future. And, John shared another video of his voyage down 2,000 feet in a mini sub at the Cayman Islands.

We had our raffle which featured a grand prize of a RO/DI unit. It was won by Yvonne. The photo contest has been delayed. It will be rescheduled for November. Watch this site and www.maslac.org for more details.

We picked up three new members! Welcome to: Phong C. Diep, Andrew Paguio, and Jeff Abel.

This Saturday, October 16, we will tour Mark Lamont's Fish Heads facility in Santa Ana with buying opportunities. See yahoo group for more details. Hint: CASH ONLY! NO BARTERING, TRADING, CREDIT CARDS, OR CHECKS!

We have finalized our Fall Tank Tour. It will be on Saturday, October 23. We will start in Rancho Cucamonga/San Dimas and end in Studio City. See yahoo group for more details and addresses to the homes. You must be a paid member to attend!
If you're not, contact Mark Reed at markreed62@yahoo.com to join.

November is a big month featuring our Fall Frag Swap and keynote speaker Michael Paletta on Saturday, November 13.
And, our first ever excursion to Monterey Bay Aquarium November 5-7, featuring a Behind the Scenes tour. See yahoo group for more details!

Regards,
Scott F.
Publicity
:rollface:

pho
10/11/2004, 12:10 AM
First time there, and it was a pretty cool meeting. Oh and yvonne's red brain is going great in my tank.

Phong

hail_sniper
10/11/2004, 07:31 PM
Grrr, atleast i got my shrimp pair now :D

MargaritaMan
10/13/2004, 10:17 PM
Hey Dave D., Do we have a time frame for the tank tour yet? Anybody have any leads on a bus? Jeff