PDA

View Full Version : New reef store in Jupiter!!

tooshay
10/10/2004, 09:51 AM
I just dropped off a movie at Hollywood video on Indiantown Road and saw a new reef store. It is called Poseiden's Reef. I called the owner (Deborah), and she is interested in doing some kind of a discount for our club!! She has been opened since Sept.1st, but hasn't done much advertising due to the hurricanes. Hopefully the store will do well!! :)

ctaegar
10/10/2004, 10:48 AM
That's great, Sherry! How did their livestock look? I also saw them when they first were setting up the store and moving in.

tooshay
10/10/2004, 11:04 AM
They were still closed when I peeked in, but it looks like they have some nice stuff. I am going back this afternoon to check things out! I'll let you know how it is. :)

Vaigod
10/12/2004, 10:31 PM
I went today..... Nice store. The livestock looked okay considering the newness of the system and it just being brought in. However, I did have one relatively large complaint............. Pricing!!! I think that most of the coral prices that I saw today could be reduced by about 25%, and they would still be considered high.

I did like the store, and the people I talked to seemed nice. I'll have to check up again later and see how the pricing situation comes along.

tooshay
10/13/2004, 05:30 AM
They definitely were on the pricey side!! Hopefully they will start to get more drygoods also. The only salt they carry is Red Sea, and when I asked about Instant Ocean, they said they could order it and have it in 2 weeks :( Maybe we can make a list of things we would like to see them keep in stock.

ctaegar
10/13/2004, 11:42 AM
I totally agree that they are way overpriced. When my tank died after Frances, I bought a 5G minibow at K-Mart for $30. to temporarily house the few survivors while I am recycling. They have the EXACT same tank for over $90. Oceans Below and other stores were anywhere from $40-$50.
I really hope they come down on their prices, because of convenience. If they don't I'm afraid they wont' stay in business very long. Personally, I'd rather drive 5-10 miles and save money.
I wish them the best...