PDA

View Full Version : Free Bonded Pair of Maroons

finding nemo
10/07/2004, 11:17 PM
Female is about 2 1/2 inches and the male is about half that, they are a bonded pair and were cleaning off a rock before I pulled them out of the tank. I need to find them a home. Along with a large yellow stripe damsel, about 1 1/2 inches long. , its a digger so be aware of that before saying you would like her. Must pick up, the maroons are allready in a bucket and ready to go.
the damsel is in a 20 long and easily caught.

joeyf
10/08/2004, 01:38 AM
Karen, I'll take the maroons if no one has claimed them yet. I can pick them up tomorrow (friday) afternoon.

finding nemo
10/08/2004, 05:44 AM
Morning Joey, terrific, there yours,will pm my phone #. call before coming so I know your on the way, thanks much. karen

finding nemo
10/08/2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks Joey for giving them a great home. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did, they are really fun fish. Karen

joeyf
10/08/2004, 10:39 PM
I ended up putting them in my 10, and putting the false perc back in the 50, she's happy to be back home, and the maroons seem to be happy in their new home as well. I fed them a little, and they went straight for it. The tang is also doing very well. She is the first tang I have had in my tank that didn't hide when introduced, I can tell you took great care of these fish.

What were you feeding the clowns? I know you said the tang loved mysis. I just like to make sure everyone has something they want:)

finding nemo
10/09/2004, 04:24 AM
Hi Joey, I feed them mysis as well and also cyclopeeze, they love the stuff , also like seawead to. So happy they are doing well. These are the first fish I have ever found a home for in the 5 years I have had saltwater and I am surprised at how attached to them I got. I woke at 2am thinking about them, lol, silly ha?
Thanks again
karen

BLUESMAN
10/09/2004, 12:41 PM
10g is an small home for maroons.....you setting up an larger swim tank for them sometime in near future? They should be fine for awhile...just concerned about them! Karen, When is the "big day"?
Blue

finding nemo
10/09/2004, 03:12 PM
Hi Blues, big day is as soon as closing. should be next week I hope. I have about half the house pack. What a job that is.
I will post on the board when I am leaving to say goodby to all but will keep in touch thru the prop.
The maroons are not real large so should be ok for a bit in the 10. But they will do much better in a large tank.
Found a home for some more xenia, a baby rose and the tiger wrasse. Aaron came out and fixed my puter for me and so I am thrilled. Thanks Aaron. karen

joeyf
10/10/2004, 12:36 AM
I originally pulled my ocellaris out of my 50 to put these guys in there, but she didn't seem to thrilled with my decision, so I put her back. The maroons have the tank to themselves for right now, but I will move them over to the 50 when I can figure out a way to make my baby happy. She was my firsh SW fish, so I am rather attached and wouldn't want to loose her from doing something stupid and stressing her out.

What do you think about getting her a mate and trying two ocellaris clowns in the 10? I've noticed this type generally stays smaller in aquariums than maroons.

Toby (the yellow tang) was waiting for you this morning, Karen, and when ha saw me he swam to the back, then came out again to beg. I'm pretty sure he knows, and he misses you.