PDA

View Full Version : TOPICS for Future Meetings

stevenc64
11/06/2001, 07:30 PM
Pretty self-explanatory, please list some suggestions for future topics.
Also please feel free to volunteer to speak on areas of interest or expertise. Don't be shy;) I will start off with 2 suggestions for topics:
1 reef tank PHOTOGRAPHY
2 Sea Horse tanks

Thanks,
Steve;)

SeaMatt Nematocyt
11/06/2001, 10:16 PM
I have two topics. Both can cover several meetings.

-How to manage a major tank move

I may have missed this in the first few meetings but with the amount of people I saw just getting started, a good discussion of the basics would be great. It would help me too as I am figuring out things on a large scale.
ie Tank size 300+
How many heaters? What kind?
How many cycles of water per hour through the sump?
Lighting Wattage per tank dimensions? Brands you prefer?
Sizes of protein skimmers?
Sizes of pumps (External)
Calcium reactors! What the??? How the???
RO/DI systems?

Should I stop?

-Matt

Jerry Gonzales
11/07/2001, 08:37 AM
If people would mind coming down to my new house, we could go through those DIY MH lights Steve. Probably in Janurary. More DIY equipment( skimmers kalk reactors, kalkwaisser drip methods). Also for those who can't take pictures for nothin( ME), we could have a session on that. Everyone could share thier photography tips. Jerry:fun4:

MayerKT
11/07/2001, 10:08 AM
I think these were discussed for future topics at the last meeting, but i'll throw them out there anyway......

coral physiology
lighting
reef safe critters (i.e. not fish.....i might have missed that discussion at the last meeting)
borgoise in post emperialist china and india (hey, just a thought)

just my $0.02

FishGeeek
11/08/2001, 10:14 AM
How about making your own Rock?
Would anyone be interested in that?

Here is a link http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6279/RaiseCementRock.html

Matt I have moved my 75gal 2 times and helped a friend move his 75 gal and set up a 180. I would be happy to talk about that.

Brian

Jerry Gonzales
11/08/2001, 11:02 PM
Hey Brian,
I wonder how your rock would look like using some South Down Sand. I liked your pieces you had in your tank. I am going to build an arch using some pvc. That could also be a topic . Rock racks and arch supports to go with your rock.:idea: Can not wait till next month, See everyone later, Jerry:D

FishGeeek
11/27/2001, 10:25 AM
Still looking for Ideas.......

Brian

bradwent
12/10/2001, 04:19 PM
If you didn't see this thread running...

reef club ideas (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49660)

This may help us get some ideas for future club meets.