PDA

View Full Version : Flyer idea

SHOmuchFUN
10/07/2004, 10:07 AM
Hey everyone...

Instead of these little group meetings that haven't really got us anywhere lately, I think we need a bit of an outreach to get us motivated to do more with the club. New faces who are eager to join our club to learn more, to bring more, and to also allow us to find more people who are also interested in our hobby.

I did a little flyer with some information stuff on it. Obviously it's just a draft and the information can be filled in once we solidify our plans, but it's something to get us started. Maybe Nolo can create a specific webpage that has information on it for people who want to drop by and learn a bit more about us. We can have a club "bio" page.

This flyer doesn't have to be widely distributed, but can be posted at the major reef stores (with their permission). I hope it doesn't step on anybody's toes and I know that Drew has been concerned about commercial tensions, but I personally think that commercial tension is good for the hobby and us creating this club could create some healthy competition.

Let me know what you all think.

SHOmuchFUN
10/07/2004, 10:27 AM
Ignore Algea-->Algae and Problem--->Problem(S) ;)

tsalter
10/07/2004, 11:30 AM
Looks good. Make sure it looks as good in B&W because it is cheaper to print a bunch of copies if we need to

Keep up the good work

T

SHOmuchFUN
10/07/2004, 11:33 AM
Yep, graphics prints out well... I would just change the orange writing if we were going to do it in black in white, so that the text is black. The orange fades a bit.

nolofinwe
10/07/2004, 12:11 PM
haha, looks great.

I didn't even make meta tags yet for the webpage, when I get to that people looking up things like vermont, fish, reef, burlington, etc should hit our site. we can use the flyer content as a front page on the site.

nice work.

Brad A.
10/07/2004, 01:38 PM
Nice Job!

SHOmuchFUN
10/07/2004, 10:18 PM
So lets fill it with some information and get some people to attend!

I'm pretty sure that we can still get a lecture hall at UVM in Lafayette. We'd have to come up with a meeting gameplan, if it was just going to be a round table, have an actual presentation, or whatever.