PDA

View Full Version : DIYreef

SHOmuchFUN
10/06/2004, 08:53 AM
Anybody used them before? How is their customer service?

I'm thinking I want to try some XM bulbs because of their PAR and their crisp white look, but have read numerous accounts of a lack in quality control. I have a backup pair of coralvues that I could always switch in if I need to send them in to get them replaced, but I want to make sure that DIYreef is a place I can trust and count on, if these bulbs poop the bed a couple months down the road.

I do like the ABs, but par is not as high as the XM and are about $20 more per bulb... Maybe if I order today, Tom will let me keep them until the new ones come ;)

SHOmuchFUN
10/06/2004, 01:00 PM
Nevermind, Chris at reefermadness has them for the same price...

Chris gets my business any day, especially when he sends them with corals overnight ;) No added shipping costs! Plus their customer service is near impeccable... I'm still waiting on an E-mail back from DIY :rolleyes:

Brad A.
10/06/2004, 07:54 PM
I buy from DIYreef all the time. They rock.

You wont go wrong with Ushio,Iwasaki,Radium (400 W HQI) or AB.

These bulbs have a proven track record of success.

Sounds like you already bought the XM's?

later

SHOmuchFUN
10/06/2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah... I went with XM's through reefermadness... Can't compare the XM par value and they aren't as yellow as a Ushio. If I wasn't going to get the XM's, I was going to get AB's, but just couldn't swallow the $80 a piece price tag for some reason. I bought the XM's through Chris for $59 a piece, plus they're coming overnight on the coral shipment, so I don't have to pay for overnight delivery on drygoods from another store, which would be $40+ for the shipping alone.

I know that XM doesn't have the best track record, but Chris swears by them and I feel alright getting a bulb that is known to have problems from a vendor that has the best customer service I have ever had in my life. I can't say enough about RM. I know that if ANYTHING goes wrong with this bulb, Chris will take care of me. I have backup coralvues with worse comes to worse. I won't worry about it. I'll just sit back and watch my corals grow.