PDA

View Full Version : Digital Slide Projector Needed

TippyToeX
10/05/2004, 06:42 PM
Hey everyone,

We need a digital slide projector (and something to project onto) for our meeting on the 17th.

If anyone has one they can get their hands on would you please say so here or contact me via PM or by email TippyToex@yahoo.com. :)

Can anyone recommend a place to rent one from? Or buy if they are affordable. I've made some calls today but have come up with little. ANy help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TippyToeX
10/09/2004, 09:19 PM
Anyone? :)

LVfishguy
10/10/2004, 10:24 AM
Been checking around and no such luck. I'll keep looking...

TippyToeX
10/10/2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks Chris, I appreciate the help. :)

If it does not work out we can use a TV. I'd much rather find a projector but you gotta do whatcha gotta do. :D To bad they are to expensive to rent.

Shak
10/11/2004, 01:29 AM
Are you talking about a computer projector? Something to project pictures stored on a computer to a screen?

I have projectors i use at work for powerpoint presentations, etc. I may be able to sneak out with one for the weekend if thats what your looking for.

TippyToeX
10/11/2004, 02:37 PM
Let me see if that would work Matt. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks! :)

TippyToeX
10/12/2004, 11:01 PM
Matt, I spoke with Anthony and that is just what we need! :D

Do you think you can bring one?

Thanks!!

Shak
10/14/2004, 11:26 AM
Well, i tried to sign it out for tomorrow, no chance. I have to have it back by close of business :(

We call our boss's assistant "The Sargent" for a reason, she is mean!

Sorry about that, I was hoping i could just sign it out at 4pm for a 7pm meeting (*cough cough*) and then just bring it back monday, but she was having no part of that.

Have you tried a library?

The only other suggestion I have is Circuit City, they have a no questions asked return policy, buy it for the weekend then return it.

Sorry I couldnt help.

LaserGecko
10/14/2004, 12:22 PM
I realize this is a bit late, but if you can acquire an overhead projector (like they use in school) and a screen, I can supply a full color overhead LCD display that runs at 800x600.

I'd need to know by noon on Friday, though.

I'll probably own a fantastic projector in the next few weeks, but that wouldn't do any good for Sunday.

dkh0331
10/14/2004, 12:28 PM
If you are still searching, larger hotels and convention centers often have them available to rent for the day.

Got any hotels there? :D

David

TippyToeX
10/14/2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks anyway Matt. I appreciate the effort. :)

I wish these were affordable to rent but every place I have called want a lot more than I can afford. Unfortunately the hotels are the highest priced for renting. I'm going to call the library in a little while.

Jason, I don't think the overhead projector will work with the digital pictures. Maybe I'm wrong? In any event I think it's a little to late. If the library can't help me we will just have to make due with whatever I can dig up, or go without the slides. :(

LaserGecko
10/14/2004, 08:18 PM
My wife's Proxima Ovation 846+ is an LCD panel that sits on an overhead projector. It will accept any Macintosh or VGA display input at 800x600 or lower resolution. It will also accept composite and S-video inputs. You can hook up any notebook, any Windows computer, most Macs, and absolutely any VCR or digital camera with a video output.

I don't know what the "digital slide" source is, but if you were going to hook it up to a projector you can hook it up to this.

So, all you need is an overhead projector and a screen, but I need to know in time for my wife to bring it home with her from school on Friday. Once the school's locked up, we cannot get it.

TippyToeX
10/15/2004, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry Jason, I really have no idea if that will work or not. A.V. is something I know nothing about. :( Maybe Matt (Shak) knows either way.

He needs to run it off his laptop and I am assuming via powerpoint.

I can't make any calls tomorrow in time to give you a yes or no I fear.

dallast
10/15/2004, 02:41 AM
man, this sounds like it could be just what amy is looking for! i would grab it just in case...there's no penalty if it doesn't work, right?

nothing to lose................

LaserGecko
10/15/2004, 03:21 AM
Amy,

Don't worry about if it will work, just worry about getting an overhead projector and a screen.

I don't need to know *if* it will work. I'm a "nuts and bolts" and "can solve computer problems when so-called experts with computer degrees cannot" kind of guy. If this won't work, I will give away my 125G acrylic tank.

Of course, that's not saying much considering the incredible PITA it's been lately.

Jason

TippyToeX
10/15/2004, 04:33 PM
Well if you see this in time Jason go for it. :D It's worth the risk. I'll try to find a backup somehow in case that does not work.

Hehehee.. we need someone to head up the A.V. for our club.

LaserGecko
10/16/2004, 02:24 AM
It's firmly locked up at school for the weekend.