PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis

marinefishlover
10/04/2004, 05:07 PM
Went and checked Atlantis Marine fish and supplies last wednesday.
I must say I was very impressed with it. I went in there back in late august/early september, and it was nice, but very lightly stocked. This time there was much more to choose from, they seem to have stocked up quite a bit, (the shelves were packed!)and the inventory was beautiful. Their buisness following also seems to have enlarged. The first time I was in there was nobody around, but this time the store was packed with customers. I also checked out Port City Reef this week, but the store didnt have any stock to speak of, dry or fish. I've been looking for an alternative to Aquatic Concepts for quite a while, and its nice to have choices now.

cowsbark2
10/05/2004, 02:13 PM
weak on the low blow to PCR, they have only been open a week. To the contrary, the do have a reasonable amount of livestock and dry good. As of Sat. they had some very nice frags that were brought in.

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/06/2004, 05:02 AM
well hello to Marine and cow WELCOME to RC and we hope you have a swell time here !!

marinefishlover
10/11/2004, 05:39 PM
Sorry if i offended anyone, i only meant to comment on what i saw. The Port City Reef is certainly a good store, i was only saying that when i went in, there was not much inventory, which is true. i realize they have only been open a short time and it will take a while to fill the store up,which im sure they will. i am planning on checking back later, just as i did at Atlantis, who also did not have much at first, but is now a very nice store.

Thanks for the welcome,SOMEthinsFISHY!

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/11/2004, 06:29 PM
i opened my 1rst pet store with less than 5k and now a few sets of hamiltons cost that !!

onecoder
10/12/2004, 06:55 AM
I got a nice frag and a very nice BTA at P.C.R. I have to say that they do have stock.

Ewan
10/12/2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by cowsbark2
weak on the low blow to PCR, they have only been open a week. To the contrary, the do have a reasonable amount of livestock and dry good. As of Sat. they had some very nice frags that were brought in.

Low blow?
I'm not sure what you read, but I read an observation.

Originally posted by marinefishlover
Sorry if i offended anyone, i only meant to comment on what i saw. The Port City Reef is certainly a good store, i was only saying that when i went in, there was not much inventory, which is true. i realize they have only been open a short time and it will take a while to fill the store up,which im sure they will. i am planning on checking back later, just as i did at Atlantis, who also did not have much at first, but is now a very nice store.

Apologies not necessary. Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard.

-Rob

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/13/2004, 04:37 AM
i agree with rob it is nice to have u on board !

cowsbark2
10/13/2004, 07:36 AM
I understand I may be jumping to conclusions, but I have a very strong feeling and some clues that make me believe that the plug of "Atlantis Marine fish and supply" was done by the owner or the owner's daughter. Now I may just be falling into a conspiracy theory, and if so then I apologize. But if it’s true, which I'm fairly confident it is, then it is a low blow to plug your own store or your parent's store and then brush the other new comer under the rug. Either way, I sorry if anyone was hurt by my post I am sorry and even more sorry if I was wrong in my assumption. I just want both stores to get their fair share.

onecoder
10/13/2004, 09:03 AM
I agree with cowsbark2...

I also think that any new members are good to have and I hope that all 3 of the LFS's that are in the area make it. Competition is good for all consumers and it helps to keep the LFS quality up and honest . It also gives us all a bigger selection of local product.

IMO here is an observation from shopping at all 3 stores and knowing all 3 owners. Only 1 of the stores owners has not had negative comments about the other stores to me when I have been in them. I find it very unprofessional to bash/slam/insult the competion to customers. It is one thing to say that you have better prices, you think that your stock is better, but to say that a person does things like sell advanced stock to a NEWBI so that they will have to but more is just not right, and it goes on from there.

Lets just say that if any of the owners are on the forum I hope you all do well and conduct yourselves professionally. I will continue to shop all 3 stores. They all have something for everyone.

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/13/2004, 10:32 PM
well said both of you !!