PDA

View Full Version : free corals?

nolofinwe
09/28/2004, 09:04 PM
I can only imagine the mad rush this is going to cause, but I've decided I don't have the desire, the money or the responsibility to maintain my system at a level I'm confident will ensure long term success.

So I'm going to just try and go Fish only, maybe spend some money on some really nice rock and a new acrylic tank, maybe go a bit bigger, get a monster skimmer, etc.

long story short, I've got a monti cap that tom gave me in march, a colt I've had for a few months (that will probably need to be pried off my rock) and some ricordias if anybody wants em. I've also got a decent sized, reddish -brown pavona.

that being said, if you've got something growing in your tank that you have been unable to kill (Star Polyps, xenia), I'm looking for something that will live happilly under my 5500K halides, in my 20>30 nitrates and flucuating alk and calcium.

thanks folks.

PS. anybody vist pet advantage tonight (9/28) around 7-7:30? I had a guy pegged as a fellow RC nerd but I didin't want to mortify my girlfriend too much by engaging in random conversation with strangers

SHOmuchFUN
09/29/2004, 07:53 AM
I'd take some ricordia. I don't think I have any. What color?

Just curious though, you can't get your colt to live in your system? Seems to me if you can't get a colt to thrive in your system, you may have some issues with some more delicate fish, if that's the direction you're heading. I've got mine burning under 250watts of halides, T-5s, right in strong flow, have chopped it a few times like a ginsu commercial, but it has always come back and bigger than it was before.

It wasn't me at the Pet Advantage. Sounds like it was probably Tom Berry.

nolofinwe
09/29/2004, 12:50 PM
All corals, save the ricordea, are doing fine. I guess my point really is that I'm losing interest in maintaining corals.
I leave for short periods pretty often, and am lothe to leave my roommate directions like (take the fish food out of the freezer and thaw in a dish. use syringe to draw in food and then place arm in tank, being careful to direct some food into the mouth of the ricordea, as well as towards the serpent starfish...)

know what I mean? I will enjoy having a tank where maintanance includes emptying the skimmer, doing monthly water changes, and sprinkling food onto the water's surface.

As for maintaining delicate fish, I currently have this list, and don't plan on adding anything more.
citron goby (4 months)
ocellaris clown (1.5 years)
coral beauty (7 months)
blue mandarin (7 months)
square spot anthias (6 months)
blue/green chromis (2 years)
scarlett cleaner (2 years)
orange serpent star (11 months)
camel shrimp (3 months)
peppermint shrimp (1 month)
emerald crab (2 months)
misc snails

Like I said, I plan to take it easy on livestock, and just spend the next few months upgrading equipment.

I will porbably be moving next year, and the fewer organisms I've got the better off I'll be.

wasn't tom at PA, I've met him before.

If you want the cords let me know. Better make it quick though, they don't look nearly as good as they did when I got them in mid-july.

SHOmuchFUN
09/29/2004, 12:54 PM
I can stop by this weekend. What color are they?

You sure you don't want a few bucks for it? Do you need anything?

Waterbury Guy
09/29/2004, 01:32 PM
I'll take the monti cap if no one else needs.

tsalter
09/29/2004, 01:49 PM
Wasn't me

I have green and brown star polyps if you want some. I hit the brown stars and zooanthids that are attached to my overflow with the garden hose for at least two to three minutes when moving my tank. They came out within minutes when I put salt water in the tank. I think they will live

T

fishfarmer
09/29/2004, 04:30 PM
UHHH...nolo

Was the loser wearing a ball cap with an elephant on it, glasses, gotee and was salivating over snails............

That would be me. I got a dozen turbos and a TR zebra goby.

I was really in there to razz Drew for not getting me out muskie fishing, but he wasn't there:p .

Later, Al

nolofinwe
09/29/2004, 06:31 PM
HA! It was definetly you, al.
I distincly remember you mentioning you had a 55 gallon and a 120. I would have introduced myself, but again, I think it would have been just too much for the GF.

Anywho, speaking of my out of town trips, I'm heading off to florida tomorrow for a few days, I'll be back on monday, if you two want to come grab the cords and monti. Let me know, I'm usually back from work by 5:30.

as for needing anything, thanks but I think I'll wait for a bit before adding anything. I may take you up on your star polyps though, tom, once I get the tank settled onto it's new stand, wooo hooo!

thanks again, guys.

SHOmuchFUN
10/01/2004, 10:16 AM
Just PM me your phone number when you're back and we'll set up a time.

-Erik

mogulski
10/01/2004, 10:41 AM
if there is any ricordia left put me on teh list.

-Jonathan