PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Surfing Goby

Razing Kane
09/28/2004, 02:44 AM
Went to ATM yesterday and bought my kid a Diamond Goby for his mini bow. It was only going to be in there for a short time or so until I get the 80 up and running. He did great for the first 24 hours and I was really impressed by the way he shifted the sand bed. I decided to clean the glass with the mag float and it freaked him out, he jumped right out of a covered tank through a 2" opening and onto the floor. I had forgotten that the exterminator came the day before and sprayed the carpet, but still put him in QT. he was doing fine up until I went to sleep @ 2:00 am but woke to him being upside down. poor little guy. My son (6 years old) said , "dad, I dont see my goby". I told him I would get him another, as I really liked the way this fish shifted the sand. well enough sobbing...on with the show!

LVfishguy
09/28/2004, 09:26 AM
Those guys can really get crazy when spooked! especially in small tanks. If you want though. I think that I saw some smaller goldheads come in last week. Don't know if they are still there but were pretty cool!

TippyToeX
09/28/2004, 03:23 PM
Awww sorry to hear that BJ. :sad1: I had a orange spot take a flying leap out of my old 75g tank, right into the MH bulb. Crazy little guys as Chris said when they are spooked. I'm sure your son will enjoy the next goby you pick out. They all have amazing personalities.